What's new

2 Subs with 1 reciever? (1 Viewer)

Jason Mulek

Auditioning
Can you run 2 powered subs with just 1 reciever? My sony STR-DB940 only has 1 output for a sub, can a put a Y splitter on that and run 2 subs?

Or is that a bad idea? I have a Paradigm PRD-12 and have a chance to get another one at a great price. Any thoughts?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
You most certainly can. I'd would get a higher quality splitter like Monster cable or from on of the better cable distributers.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I have 2 subs and a stereo amp driving bass shakers all getting their "juice" from a single LFE out from my Denon 3802. They r daisy chained however, receiver to one sub, then to another then to the amp.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
The amplification is done in the sub for that Paradigm since it is a powered not passive sub. Your receiver just outputs an unamplified signal. So yes, you can split it off however many times you want.

Jason Mulek

Auditioning
OK, Thanks, one more question. I currently have a Sony STR-DB940 reciever (which I am very happy with) and a Paradigm PDR-12 powered sub.

I have the chance to get another PDR-12 at a really good price. I also could get a PRD-10 at a even better price.

Would there be any advantage to having a 12 and a 10 or having 2 12's?

What would you all do? Is this even a good idea to have 2 subs? Honestly, I am really happy with just the one, but this price for the others is just a great buy and I guess I wouldnt mind looking at 2 subs in the theater. I would be getting it for pure greed then!

What do you all think of this??

Thanks!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Placement of twin subs can be a bit dicey as one may "cancel" each other out...as told by many here.Some have suggested stacking them, others in opposite corners and others even across rooms. The only way to actually hear how it sounds and everything is to have them in ur space and try out several positions for them. For me, I have them on opposing corners which produces the best bass in my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks