What's new

1960 World Series Game 7 - Bing Crosby's complete recording found, coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I don't know if this has been posted somewhere already, but a complete kinescope recording of the famous Game 7 of the 1960 World Series, in which Bill Mazeroski's walk-off (before that term was invented) HR beat the mighty Yankees at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, was found in Bing Crosby's (who was part owner of the team then) wine cellar. It will be aired on MLB network in the near future and made available on DVD.

This has a special place in Pirates fans' hearts, at least those long-suffering ones who remember the days when the team wasn't a perennial loser like they have been now since the early 1990s. I was only 2 months old at the time, born and raised in Pittsburgh. My personal memories are more of the good Pirates teams of the 1970s (two more WS championships), but it will be nice to be able to view this game in its entirety.

NY Times

Yahoo! Sports blog

I like the comment about how Bing had mastered the art of time-shifting well before its time. Who needs a DVR?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
It just makes you wonder what other goodies, early TV recordings, theatrical prints or other such things, might still be lurking in the shadows in the vaults of the rich and famous. Or even the not-so-rich and famous. And sadly, how many more treasures may have been unrecognized and destroyed through the years.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, wonder if they found any other goodies in Der Bingle's cellar? Maybe London after Midnight....

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Wow, a baseball game that moves fast enough that they can put it on DVD? Astounding! Today it would take a 6 blue ray boxed set!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I'm a hockey fan, not huge on Baseball (only if Toronto is EVER AGAIN the post season), but I would love to see this game... I'd buy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks