What's new

10/25/01 RIP My HT, for Now... (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
After tweaking my current modest HT, Alas, we are moving this weekend after 8 years in our current home. Tonite before E.R. came on, I had to dismantle it.
frown.gif

It is truly amazing how long it takes to get it just the way you want will all the popular tweaks and then more amazing how fast you can pull it down to a mere pile of cables, boxes, and such. Sniff, Sniff.
But- a new HT day will come for me soon I hope.
patriot.gif

Now let's go shopping, time to upgrade... :)
------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

[Edited last by Todd Barattini on October 25, 2001 at 10:44 PM]

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator
hope you can make it til the move.
whenever i move the ht is the absolute last thing to be broken down and packed up. its actually pretty sad when my friends are helping me move and i have a fit when they make a move to disconnect my speakers.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
The corollary is that the first thing a man will set up when moving into a new home is the sound system. It matters not those tons of boxes and misplaced furniture which compel our spouses. The stereo gets set up first. It's a law of nature.

Kevin Webb

Agent
I feel your pain. I had to take my apart for some furniture upgrades. It took me two weeks before I could put it back together. It was the longest two weeks of my life! Hang tough!

Doug_B

Screenwriter
The corollary is that the first thing a man will set up when moving into a new home is the sound system.
Listening to some good tunes in the background makes the job of unpacking everything else more pleasant.
icon14.gif

------------------
"Today is a good day to die." ...Old Lodge Skins

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
The corollary is that the first thing a man will set up when moving into a new home is the sound system.
I wish that were true for me. We moved in June, and indeed the last thing to be packed were all of my electronics. Unfortunately, my DVDs and LDs were packed long before that. There was too much painting and carpet removal and floor finishing to be done...I did not get a home theater setup at all until a full week later. Even that was a bare-bones setup. I had my 65" TV hooked up to a DVD player for a couple of weeks.
To this day, even though I have two full HT setups in my house...neither of them are completely set up the way they are supposed to be. The multi-room audio system will probably not be completed until the new year.
I feel your pain..and then some.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Todd, hang in there. I went through the same thing earlier this year when I started a new job. There was a six-week period when I was in temporary housing while in a transition stage (waiting to sell the old house and close on the new one). For those six weeks, all I brought with me was an $80 boombox and 20 CDs, and the apartment complex provided a TV and VCR. Not fun, but the six weeks passed, and I had blast setting up the components in the new house.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks