What's new

007, The Mask and Addams Family DVDs (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Mi Casa apparently did new DTS and DD mixes for The Mask, so it seems likely. This year is the 10th anniversary, so who knows?

Some of the 007 films will likely be re-released to DVD next year since Lowry Digital Images is doing new 4K restorations of 9 of them.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Can't believe The Mask wasn't anamorphic. I think it's the only New Line DVD I have that wasn't.

Curse the early days of DVD!! Was so pleased at the time just to have it in widescreen. At least Long Kiss Goodnight was anamorphic. I think I got that BEFORE The Mask.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

You almost struck me dead with this. What ever are you talking about. Better how?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Yeah, New Line will have to make their money SOMEHOW. From the looks of it, they're not going to make any with the Carrey-less sequel.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I saw "The Mask" at a really crappy time in my life ..one of my friends in high school was beaten to death ...so for some strange reason I went to the movies for comfort after the funeral ...and i love this film to this day for helping me laugh through the pain of losing a friend ..

I still have the ticket stub....:frowning:

I can't believe it's been 10 yrs !
R.I.P. Michael Keaser

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Beaten to death? Good Lord, that's just brutal.

BTW, that link to the widescreen vs. fullscreen comparison is one of the best I have ever seen! Truly a nice job.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
The Addams Family is a Paramount movie and they usually don't upgrade their old dvd's so you might as well pick it up now. I've heard it has a transfer.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend John. I hope they caught the person/people responsible.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Percebe, thats because THE MASK is open matte. You need to take the time to educate yourself a little more on the various forms of widescreen. All that link proved to me is what I already knew; OAR (widescreen) is better.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They may be coming around, however. Last year they upgraded all the Jack Ryan films (The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger), and this year they're upgrading Deep Impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks