What's new

Request to 20th Century Fox for future M*A*S*H releases (1 Viewer)

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Request to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:

This is a request to include a function off the root menu of future M*A*S*H seasons to allow the viewer to watch all of the episodes in a row.

The current menu design, unfortunately, is poorly implemented, requiring the viewer to make two separate selections for each episode, followed be the need to manually return to the main menu in order to select the next episode.

This is a very viewer-unfriendly design and I request that you allow the option for us to watch all of the eight episodes per disc by making one selection off the main menu.

I also request that you provide more than one set every several months. At the current rate of release, I am estimating that M*A*S*H will not be completely released on DVD until approximately 2008 whereas Paramount is releasing their Star Trek: Next Generation DVDs at a rate of one season every two months.

Finally, I think that many would find a benefit in having some of the people who worked on M*A*S*H give audio commentaries during the episode.

Without question, the M*A*S*H series is one of the best purchases that I've made in a lot time, particularly for the price; however, these issues simply made the DVDs "good". Adding these options will easily make the DVDs "great".

James L White

Supporting Actor
I cannot agree more!!!!!!!!!!! Play all options and commentarues would make this an awesome DVD series:emoji_thumbsup: and oh yeah DTS 6.1 audio ;) j/k about the audio part:D

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
This could be asked for on any T.V. show released on DVD. I think this would apply to (but obviously not limited to Fox Video) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The X-Files, Star Trek: Any Trek Series, even Sex and the City. They all make you backtrack to the main menu after the episode is over, before being able to select the next episode. Sex.. might not make you backtrack, (been a while since last watching this DVD) but you do have to at least select the next episode from the list.
Joel

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
At the least, I'd prefer to be taken back to the main menu after an episode ends, rather than the episode's sub-menu...

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
The only DVD Menus I have a gripe with are the ones on the Buffy DVDs. Do we really need to see such elaborate graphics and 3D menus? I think they should decrease the time it takes on the menus by at least five seconds.
I would love it if FOX could speed up production on the Buffy, Simpsons, and M*A*S*H DVD sets. It's a pain having to wait so long for all the seasons of the above shows to be released when Trekkies are getting their own every couple months. :thumbsdown:

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
If that's truly the defining criteria... I'm in the Fox camp for which way to do things...
Fox's just blowing my mind away... I just rewatched my ID4 (2disc version) the other day and was shocked to realize that even as early as then they had started fully captioning the discs. I had thought Star Wars Ep 1 was the first time they had done so (well excepting the audio commentary for both discs).
Now I'm looking forward to rewatching the rest of the many Fox dvds I own since this time I can enjoy the extras too!
Now if they'd only get it through their head that yes it was a neat "extra" what they bastardized the subtitle track for the audio commentary on Ep 1 for.... it's time to put it to its PROPER use as well.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
My requests:

1) A "Play All" option

2) When playing individual episodes, after the episode is done take us back to the main menu with the NEXT episode highlighted. (alternative - start playing the next episode as soon as the "current" one completes.)

The Play All option would also help eliminate the annoyance (in discs like BtVS season 2) where there is a long unskippable animation before you can play the episode. (The animation is cute the first time. It's annoying by the 22nd time you're forced to watch it.)

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Play All, on MASH and The Simpsons in particular. I always thought that most dvd players supported programming titles within a disc to play sequentially but damned if any of mine do on these discs.

Commentaries on MASH would be great, seems like Larry Gelbart might be interested. He hangs out on the MASH usenet group, he is not hard to find.

That said I'd like to stress that Fox is doing a top notch job on the TV stuff, these are just minor issues.

ManojM

Stunt Coordinator
Please add in my vote to speed up production of the MASH series. It really is taking quite a bit of time in between seasons...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks