-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
184 replies to this topic

#181 of 185 Chris Clarno

Chris Clarno

Agent

• 39 posts
  • LocationOceano, CA

Posted May 25 2003 - 04:25 PM

I got the coupons in Feb. but have not seen them for this weekend. Not a big deal since I'm not really in the market for anything today, but still, I think it's odd that they'd send you a coupon package one time , but not the next.

#182 of 185 BillyH

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator

• 65 posts

Posted June 09 2003 - 06:29 AM

I think it pays to have a friend at BB. There is a salesperson there who often checks me out and has been known to out of the blue pull out a special card and swipe it and say something like, "You deserve a price match today" or something like that, and BINGO!, I get 25% off, like magic. When I ask why I get occasional discounts out of the blue he replys that I have been recognized as one of that particular stores best DVD buyers and they want to, "...keep me happy.". This guy even recognizes my wife when she is there without me and often does the same for her. So maybe that is how I got on the list. Also, I always purchase with a major credit card, though I do not own a BB card. Also, I have occ purchased TV's, etc. there and have bought extended service warranties(If the purchase is big enough, camcorder,etc.. Good luck getting on the list. PS: Back in the 70's I used to buy stuff from the Minneapolis based stores called, Sound of Music. I even had what they called a Gold Card that got me discounts on TDK and Maxwell cassettes. If I am not mistaken, that little group of stores became the behemoth called Best Buy. Boy, If I had just known that it would happen like that, I would have not bought all that stereo stuff and bought stock! Then today I'd sit idly around listening to tunes on my Mark Levinson gear and wondering how the "poor working people" are faring!

#183 of 185 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,083 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 10 2003 - 01:34 PM

Quote:
When I ask why I get occasional discounts out of the blue he replys that I have been recognized as one of that particular stores best DVD buyers and they want to, "...keep me happy.". This guy even recognizes my wife when she is there without me and often does the same for her.

Malcolm R! Is that you trying to tick me off?!?! Posted Image

BillyH...consider yourself a lucky guy. I submit its a good idea for a store to make special allowances for "preferred customers". Sounds like you've got a good thing going. Hope your BestBuy doesn't move its managerial staff around too much!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#184 of 185 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,525 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 10 2003 - 02:51 PM

Malcolm R! Is that you trying to tick me off?!?!
Nope, not me. The commute to Elk Mound is a bitch. Posted Image
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#185 of 185 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,083 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 09 2003 - 07:52 AM

For the record:

Mike Frezon (who is now reduced to speaking in the third person :b ) did NOT get Best Buy coupons for the weekend of August 8 - 10.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon