What's new

QUEEN MARGOT - HENRY OF NAVARRE (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I always find it very enjoyable watching movies that cover the same subject told from a different perspective. "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1932) and "Wooden Crosses" (1930) is a perfect example. Both tell stories of WW I with one movie from the German perspective the other from the French.

Now we have a similar situation with "Queen Margot" and "Henry of Navarre" In 1572 King Charles of France arranged for Margot to marry Henry of Navarre. Margot was catholic while Henry protestant with the purpose of the marriage to bring the two groups together to avid bloodshed. Both movies, one from Margot's point of view while the other from Henry's cover the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.

The audio for both movies is French with English subtitles. Queen Margot in an extended version has a running time of 159 minutes. Henry of Navarre's running time is 159 minutes. Queen Margot is Region A while Henry of Navarre is Region - Free. Both movies are excellent in telling their stories each containing many bloody fighting scenes and sex.

If you enjoy historical period pieces you will like both of these titles.

Attachments

• Margot.jpg
    Margot.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Henry.jpg
    Henry.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 29

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Ernest said:
I always find it very enjoyable watching movies that cover the same subject told from a different perspective. "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1932) and "Wooden Crosses" (1930) is a perfect example. Both tell stories of WW I with one movie from the German perspective the other from the French.

Now we have a similar situation with "Queen Margot" and "Henry of Navarre" In 1572 King Charles of France arranged for Margot to marry Henry of Navarre. Margot was catholic while Henry protestant with the purpose of the marriage to bring the two groups together to avid bloodshed. Both movies, one from Margot's point of view while the other from Henry's cover the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre.

The audio for both movies is French with English subtitles. Queen Margot in an extended version has a running time of 159 minutes. Henry of Navarre's running time is 159 minutes. Queen Margot is Region A while Henry of Navarre is Region - Free. Both movies are excellent in telling their stories each containing many bloody fighting scenes and sex.

If you enjoy historical period pieces you will like both of these titles.
Would agree certainly with Queen Margot. A great restoration of the director's cut. A few narrative omissions but overall a great way to spend a few hours. Lots of sex and violence.

Just what the doctor ordered.

Will have to check out Henry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks