What's new

Press Release UPDATED 10/3: WHV Press Release: Barbie (2023) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Highest Grossing Film of 2023 Worldwide

BARBIE_WW_4KOSLV_FINALSKEW_3D_1000821542[46].jpg BARBIE_WW_BDOSLV_FINALSKEW_3D_1000821544[26][27].jpg

BARBIE

Take her home on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on October 17

The number one global release in Warner Bros. Pictures history from writer/director Greta Gerwig with more than $1.43 billion worldwide arrives to buy on DVD formats.

EXTRA to feature a week-long “Barbie” theme week beginning on 10/16

Available to buy from major retailers including Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Best Buy.

Burbank, CA, October 3, 2023 – “Barbie,” the box office smash hit and global phenomenon, arrives for purchase on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on October 17. From Oscar-nominated writer/director Greta Gerwig (“Little Women,” “Lady Bird”), “Barbie,” stars Oscar-nominees Margot Robbie (“Bombshell,” “I, Tonya”) and Ryan Gosling (“La La Land,” “Half Nelson”) as Barbie and Ken. Gerwig directed “ Barbie” from a screenplay by Gerwig & Oscar nominee Noah Baumbach (“Marriage Story,” “The Squid and the Whale”), based on Barbie by Mattel.

Barbie” has taken the box office by storm, earning more than $1.43 billion worldwide to become the highest grossing film in Warner Bros.’ 100-year history; the highest grossing film ever from a female filmmaker at the domestic box office; and is the largest worldwide film release of 2023.

“Barbie” is also available for Digital ownership at home on participating digital platforms where you purchase movies, including Amazon Prime Video, AppleTV, Google Play, Vudu, and more.

Barbie” also stars America Ferrera (“End of Watch,” the “How to Train Your Dragon” films), Kate McKinnon (“Bombshell,” “Yesterday”), Issa Rae (“The Photograph,” “Insecure”), Rhea Perlman (“I’ll See You in My Dreams,” “Matilda”), and Will Ferrell (the “Anchorman” films, “Talladega Nights”). The film also stars Michael Cera (“Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,” “Juno”), Ariana Greenblatt (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “65”), Ana Cruz Kayne (“Little Women”), Emma Mackey (“Emily,” “Sex Education”), Hari Nef (“Assassination Nation,” “Transparent”), Alexandra Shipp (the “X-Men” films), Kingsley Ben-Adir (“One Night in Miami,” “Peaky Blinders”), Simu Liu (“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”), Ncuti Gatwa (“Sex Education”), Scott Evans (“Grace and Frankie”), Jamie Demetriou (“Cruella”), Connor Swindells (“Sex Education,” “Emma.”), Sharon Rooney (“Dumbo,” “Jerk”), Nicola Coughlan (“Bridgerton,” “Derry Girls”), Ritu Arya (“The Umbrella Academy”), Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Dua Lipa and Oscar-winner Helen Mirren (“The Queen”).

The film’s producers are Oscar nominees David Heyman (“Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood,” “Marriage Story,” “Gravity”), Robbie (“Birds of Prey,” “Promising Young Woman,” “I, Tonya”), Tom Ackerley (“Promising Young Woman,” “I, Tonya”) and Robbie Brenner (“Dallas Buyers Club”), with Gerwig, Baumbach, Ynon Kreiz, Richard Dickson, Michael Sharp, Josey McNamara, Courtenay Valenti, Toby Emmerich and Cate Adams serving as executive producers.

Synopsis:

To live in Barbie Land is to be a perfect being in a perfect place. Unless you have a full-on existential crisis. Or you’re a Ken.

4K UHD, BLU-RAY & DVD ELEMENTS

“Barbie” 4K UHD and Blu-ray contain the following special features:

• Welcome to Barbie Land – featurette
  • Becoming Barbie – featurette
  • Playing Dress-Up – featurette
  • Musical Make-Believe – featurette
  • All-Star Barbie Party – featurette
  • It’s A Weird World – featurette

BASICS

4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD Street Date: October 17, 2023

Running Time: 114 minutes

Rating: PG-13 for suggestive references and brief language

4K UHD: ATMOS TrueHD, DLBY/DGTL

Blu-ray: ATMOS TrueHD, DLBY/DGTL

DVD: DLBY/DGTL

PRODUCT ERP

4K UHD + Digital $29.99

Blu-ray + Digital $24.99

DVD $19.99

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I think I'll pick this one up, even though I thought the film died 45 minutes before the end. The best bit was the prologue! And I'm pretty sure 99% of the audience I saw it with did not get the reference!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I still have to see it probably this coming Tues... but yeah, feels so strange to think I might end up getting this as well (on top of choosing to see it in a theater completely of my own accord), LOL.

_Man_

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
LOL...this movie is messing with people who thought it wasn't going to amount to anything and then got their feelings hurt when it not only got much acclaim, it exceeded everyone's box-office expectations.

I was pleasantly surprised. A movie with great spirit and whose heart is in the right place. One of this year's best.

PRE-ORDERED!

It's Barbie's world, we're just living in it!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
One of the best major studio films I've seen in recent years. Best recommendation is to go in with an open mind and plenty of popcorn. This has nods to French masters like Demy, Tati, Godard, and Varda while showing what can be done with 21st century tech. One particular American master has given it a glowing accolade despite a loving jab towards a certain 70s "family" movie he made.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I found it to be somewhat mediocre and overrated. However I’m positive my wife will LOVE it. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I found it to be somewhat mediocre and overrated. However I’m positive my wife will LOVE it. ;)
There's a joke here that writes itself, but I'll try and be nice and not say it out loud. :D

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Shouldn't this be officially announced soon? Isn't Oct. 3 the release date?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was just wondering the same thing. However, it's still making some money in theaters so I can understand bumping it back a bit.

I just saw a commercial seconds ago on one of the major news channels pushing Barbie digital and the fact that you can now watch it in your home.

It kind of ties in with my argument in another thread that early digital release may be hurting physical release dates. There hasn't even been an announcement for an Indiana Jones physical disc release, though the window of opportunity is still there for a November/December release.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
“May be hurting” physical? It is, and that’s just what the studios want. It’s the new DIVX (when exaggerations were made about big titles coming to that exclusively.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't see anything in the press release above that mentions a physical media release date.

Pre-order page at Amazon says end of Feb 2024, but it seems unlikely they'd miss this year's holiday season with a title this big. Still time to announce it and get it out by Nov/Dec.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
What's the global boxoffice gross now?

Wonder when they'll put it on (HBO) Max. That'll probably happen before the disc release as well, no? I'm still subscribed (at substantial discount) for the next month or maybe two/three.

_Man_

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Pre-order page at Amazon says end of Feb 2024, but it seems unlikely they'd miss this year's holiday season with a title this big. Still time to announce it and get it out by Nov/Dec.
Maybe they are looking to cash in on the Oscars*! :biggrin:

*For the record, I un-ironically predict nominations for Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor (they could put Ryan Gosling up for lead actor, but we all know Ken is just there to support Barbie), adapted screenplay, production design, costumes, and one or more song.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks