What's new

'Woman in Gold' (1 Viewer)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
It's not receiving a very good critical reception, but my wife and I loved it. 'Woman in Gold' was both interesting and entertaining. The Booth Bijou gives it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

So far, audiences are in agreement. 89% at Rotten Tomatoes vs. the current 49% critical rating.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/woman_in_gold/

We'll definitely be showing 'Woman in Gold' in the Booth Bijou once it's released on Blu-ray!

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
steve jaros said:
Thanks for posting this. My wife and I have been undecided about seeing it but now I think we will. :)

Please come back and share what you thought of the movie!

Mark

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Mark Booth said:
Please come back and share what you thought of the movie!

Mark

Hey Mark,

We did see it yesterday. I guess my assessment is that while I liked it, I probably didn't like it quite as much as you did. On a surface level, we were entertained. The story was interesting, we found all the key roles - by Mirren, Holmes, and Reynolds - well played, and the movie moved smartly along. I was never bored.

That said, for such a weighty subject, the film seemed "lite" to me. It had a paint-by-numbers quality, it lacked soul or depth, which I found to be disappointing. Oh well, just my two cents. Glad you really liked it. :)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
steve jaros said:
Hey Mark,

We did see it yesterday. I guess my assessment is that while I liked it, I probably didn't like it quite as much as you did. On a surface level, we were entertained. The story was interesting, we found all the key roles - by Mirren, Holmes, and Reynolds - well played, and the movie moved smartly along. I was never bored.

That said, for such a weighty subject, the film seemed "lite" to me. It had a paint-by-numbers quality, it lacked soul or depth, which I found to be disappointing. Oh well, just my two cents. Glad you really liked it. :)

Fair enough!

Have you seen 'Cinderella' yet?

Mark

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Mark Booth said:
Fair enough!

Have you seen 'Cinderella' yet?

Mark
Yes, we saw this Monday and really enjoyed it. CB made a great evil stepmother, the Cinderella girl and Prince were endearing, and the film was beautifully shot.

We really liked this a lot. I bet if it didn't have to compete with the Furious 7 tsunami and Home, it would be well over $200m domestic box office by now.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm helping to derail my own topic but, yes, I think 'Cinderella' is the best movie of 2015 (so far).

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks