What's new

Pre-Order The Truman Show (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51P3ufSDNcL.jpg

Director Peter Weir’s cinematic triumph THE TRUMAN SHOW celebrates its 25th anniversary this year and Paramount Home Entertainment is marking the occasion by releasing a newly remastered version of the beloved classic on 4K Ultra HD™ for the first time ever on July 4, 2023.

Starring the incomparable Jim Carrey, THE TRUMAN SHOW was a box office and critical success, earning over $264 million worldwide and a 95% fresh critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Nominated* for three Academy Awards®, THE TRUMAN SHOW is both wildly entertaining and a complex exploration of media consumption, surveillance, and reality TV that was ahead of its time and even more relevant today.

Carrey stars as Truman Burbank, a man whose life is a nonstop TV show. Truman doesn't realize that his quaint hometown is a giant studio set run by a visionary creator (Ed Harris), that folks living and working there are Hollywood actors, and that even his incessantly bubbly wife (Laura Linney) is a contract player. Gradually, Truman gets wise, and his response leaves viewers laughing, crying, and cheering like few films ever have.

THE TRUMAN SHOW
has been fully remastered using scans of the original negative, with the new 4K version approved by Weir. The film is presented with Dolby Vision™ high dynamic range (HDR) and Dolby Atmos® audio for a truly immersive experience**. The 4K Ultra HD two-disc set includes the film on both 4K Ultra HD Disc and on Blu-ray™, along with access to a Digital copy of the film and legacy bonus content on Blu-ray detailed below:

• How’s It Going to End? The Making of The Truman Show – Two-Part Documentary
  • Faux Finishing—The Visual Effects of The Truman Show
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Photo Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • TV Spots

*1999, Best Director (Peter Weir), Best Supporting Actor (Ed Harris), Best Original Screenplay (Andrew Niccol)
**Dolby Atmos enabled devices are also required to experience Dolby Atmos at home. To experience Dolby Vision on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc, a Dolby Vision enabled TV is required with a Dolby Vision enabled 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
“ACADEMY AWARD®” and “OSCAR®” are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
With Paramount, it's hard to know whether it's going to be good or bad, but I'm game for this one.

Factor in Weir's penchant for "modernizing" his films after the fact and this could be a disaster. The film was made to mimic a reality TV show, complete with Academy Standard ARs so it wouldn't surprise me if he went for a "broadcast quality" look for this 4K release. I think I'll wait for reviews for this one.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Factor in Weir's penchant for "modernizing" his films after the fact and this could be a disaster. The film was made to mimic a reality TV show, complete with Academy Standard ARs so it wouldn't surprise me if he went for a "broadcast quality" look for this 4K release. I think I'll wait for reviews for this one.

The discussion of Second Sight's upcoming release of Picnic at Hanging Rock aside, where has Weir shown a "penchant for 'modernizing' his films after the fact"?

Last edited:

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber

The Truman Show had an aspect ratio of 1.85:1, not Academy Standard. While the movie has some scenes intended to look like they were shot on video as part of a TV broadcast, I don't recall the entire movie looking that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks