What's new

Southern Cue 'n Vu enhanced lighting (1 Viewer)

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I finished some changes that I planned in lighting. During construction, I ran four circuits through a outlet that utilized Lutron variable controls, with three using Maestro IR remote fixtures
Theater lights 1.jpg

The single non remote circuit ran to a pair of ceiling fans. I found out, when all was hooked up, that all the units worked simultaneously off one control, and can't be controlled individually. There is a pre set, that can be used to bring all the lights to one level. I originally ran LED rope lights, and found they didn't work. Recently, I replaced the rope light with incandescent rope light, and everything works well off the remote. I had originally mounted red oak stained crown molding on the wall, leaving a 1" gap between the top of the wall and the soffit above, to allow mounting the rope light and a gap for the light to shine through.
Theater light 2.jpg

This is a view with the pot lights at full illumination
Theater light 3.jpg

This is a view on the preset, with the rope light at full illumination, and the pot lights at partial (about 25%) illumination.

Theater light 4.jpg

I also put rope light around the screen. Once the projector is on, the light is only visible around the periphery of the frame. When I made the screen and the frame, I sized the frame to overhang the margin of the screen by about 2", and placed rope light mounts in the space. Using the remote, I can drop the light from full to the preset and when the program starts, if I hold the off button on for about 3 seconds, the hole system slowly dims and turns off over about 30 seconds.

If I can figure out how to resize the video, I'll post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks