What's new

Looking to replace outdated Speakcraft home system. Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Todd Dominey

Auditioning
Hi everyone -

My home has (or rather, had) a multi-zone Speakercraft setup that consisted of a centralized amp plus a few wall panels. Each room has a couple of speakers in the ceiling. We've stopped using it all because the Speakercraft amp blew out and I've had the worst time finding a suitable replacement that won't cost a ridiculous amount of money. So I have speakers in the ceilings that are never used that I'd very much like to use again. Would only use them for whole-house music, not for a home theater or anything fancy.

Everything is connected via ethernet (from the dead amp to the wall panels). No idea how the panels hook into the speakers, but I'm guessing it's some kind of basic speaker wire.

Anyhow, I don't really care about the wall panels, but I'd very much like to use the ceiling speakers again. Any creative ideas for how I could re-use these speakers? Or replace them with wireless units perhaps? Help!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
We need to know what these wall plates are. Are they just control(very likely) or are they self amplified(not very likely)?"Wireless in-ceiling" will never exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks