What's new

Tiny Speakers, Decent Sound - Wireless 5.1 or 7.1? (2 Viewers)

DevonTT

Auditioning
Real Name
Devon
Hi, folks. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

I am building a home theater system and just starting to shop around. Aesthetically, I want to balance decent sound quality with speakers that don't visually take over a room. In other words, the smaller the better--but I still want them to sound decent. I don't want to be looking at a huge woofer.

I'm not an audiophile, so having the absolute best sound on the market is not my goal here. :)

Wireless rear speakers are a must--even better if I can find wireless front/center. (Why have to snake wire through walls or have them show if you don't have to?)

The system would be used primarily for home theater (5.1 or 7.1 if I can find what I need), but when entertaining, I'd be playing music on it. Ultimately, I would like to be able to add speakers wirelessly to a second room in the house and control the system remotely.

I can spend up to 2K.

Got any ideas?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You know there is no such thing as a completely wireless speaker, unless it's battery powered, which just creates a whole new set of hassles and limitations. Speakers require power to operate and that power has to come from somewhere. Anything that fits what you request isn't going to be worth having.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The Aperion wireless 5.1, that almost bankrupted them, was twice your budget.You can find reviews, but Aperion dropped it from their site.Aperion intimus 4t summit

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Maybe Sonos would fit the bill for you. Seems like they have a wireless home theater that you could probably expand to other rooms/areas. Just a thought...I'm not an expert on this as I'm still a wire guy.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
DevonTT said:
Hi, folks. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

I am building a home theater system and just starting to shop around. Aesthetically, I want to balance decent sound quality with speakers that don't visually take over a room. In other words, the smaller the better--but I still want them to sound decent. I don't want to be looking at a huge woofer.
I was thinking he didn't want a sub so...

[*]Playbar $699
[*]Surrounds $199 ea ($400)
[*]Sub $699
[/list]
System w/o sub should be around $1100 but even if he wanted the sub ($699) should still come in under the 2k budget.
DevonTT said:
I can spend up to 2K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks