Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

paradigm studio 20 v3 bookshelf speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   jayleaf

jayleaf

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hello...i'm using a pair of infinity primus tower speakers that i purchased some years ago.  i'm thinking of replacing them with a pair of used paradigm studio 20v3 speakers that i can get for 639.00.  i couldn't find any specific info on these exact speakers so i'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether it would be a good deal and a reasonable upgrade on my current speakers.  i'm using a sub now and hope to upgrade on that in a few months.  i'd certainly appreciate any input.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,758 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:39 PM

Studio v.3 are damn good speakers.If uber clean, decent price. I've never seen v.3 sell for less than 50% original price, even scratched up.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   jayleaf

jayleaf

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:57 PM

Studio v.3 are damn good speakers.If uber clean, decent price. I've never seen v.3 sell for less than 50% original price, even scratched up.

i know paradigm makes a top notch speaker to begin with so i decided to buy them.  turns out they were 30% off the listed price so with shipping they came to 477.00.  i'm told they are in almost new condition.  hopefully they will be an upgrade in high end and mid range.  oddly enough i was looking at a paradigm monitor sub 10 the other day in a local audio shop.  appreciate your opinion on the speakers. 

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,758 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:39 PM

Some here will want to know where you scored them for under $500.Good part is, the v.3 is a big step up from v.2. V.4 marked a tonal change for Paradigm. Even if you don't like them(it happens), you could resell them at $450...take $400...and people will beat down your door.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   jayleaf

jayleaf

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 06:56 PM

Some here will want to know where you scored them for under $500.Good part is, the v.3 is a big step up from v.2. V.4 marked a tonal change for Paradigm.Even if you don't like them(it happens), you could resell them at $450...take $400...and people will beat down your door.

i'm getting them at a place called Hawthorne stereo, out of seattle.  my research indicates they are a reputable store, but i hesitate to endorse them until i receive the product and it matches their claims.  for instance their listing said the paradigms were v2's but assured me the listing was an error.  we'll see.  i was also thinking if i didn't like them i could probably move them easily enough and break even.  i'll let you know what happens.  have a good one.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 15,758 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 08:08 PM

Theyve got some interesting stuff.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   jayleaf

jayleaf

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted August 25 2014 - 04:02 PM

Theyve got some interesting stuff.

hi schan1269.....the paradigm studio 20 v3's arrived today.  no doubt about it they are a big improvement over my infinity's.  the speakers themselves look like brand new and sound great.  an interesting thing happened while waiting for them to arrive.  i saw an ad on craigslist locally for a pair of paradigm monitor 7's priced at a 195.00.  i couldn't resist buying these ones as well.  it's a tough call but i think i like the v3's a little better.  but i'll switch them out a couple of more times before i decide.  the monitor 7's were also a big upgrade for me.  he also thru in a paradigm cc350 center for 30 bucks.  

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted August 26 2014 - 02:44 PM

IMO, the monitors don't come close to the Studios of the v3 era.  At low levels, they're similar enough, but when you push them hard, the Studios will shine and the Monitors will show their weaknesses IMHO, as small as they are.  I've owned a lot of Paradigms from all of the lines.  They're solid speakers and I was always quite impressed with the v3 20s and 40s...until I compred the 20s back to back with the Signature S2s :D

HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users