What's new

paradigm studio 20 v3 bookshelf speakers (1 Viewer)

jayleaf

Grip
Real Name
Rob
Hello...i'm using a pair of infinity primus tower speakers that i purchased some years ago. i'm thinking of replacing them with a pair of used paradigm studio 20v3 speakers that i can get for 639.00. i couldn't find any specific info on these exact speakers so i'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether it would be a good deal and a reasonable upgrade on my current speakers. i'm using a sub now and hope to upgrade on that in a few months. i'd certainly appreciate any input.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Studio v.3 are damn good speakers.If uber clean, decent price. I've never seen v.3 sell for less than 50% original price, even scratched up.

jayleaf

Grip
Real Name
Rob
schan1269 said:
Studio v.3 are damn good speakers.If uber clean, decent price. I've never seen v.3 sell for less than 50% original price, even scratched up.
i know paradigm makes a top notch speaker to begin with so i decided to buy them. turns out they were 30% off the listed price so with shipping they came to 477.00. i'm told they are in almost new condition. hopefully they will be an upgrade in high end and mid range. oddly enough i was looking at a paradigm monitor sub 10 the other day in a local audio shop. appreciate your opinion on the speakers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Some here will want to know where you scored them for under $500.Good part is, the v.3 is a big step up from v.2. V.4 marked a tonal change for Paradigm. Even if you don't like them(it happens), you could resell them at $450...take $400...and people will beat down your door.

jayleaf

Grip
Real Name
Rob
schan1269 said:
Some here will want to know where you scored them for under $500.Good part is, the v.3 is a big step up from v.2. V.4 marked a tonal change for Paradigm.Even if you don't like them(it happens), you could resell them at $450...take $400...and people will beat down your door.
i'm getting them at a place called Hawthorne stereo, out of seattle. my research indicates they are a reputable store, but i hesitate to endorse them until i receive the product and it matches their claims. for instance their listing said the paradigms were v2's but assured me the listing was an error. we'll see. i was also thinking if i didn't like them i could probably move them easily enough and break even. i'll let you know what happens. have a good one.

jayleaf

Grip
Real Name
Rob
schan1269 said:
Theyve got some interesting stuff.
hi schan1269.....the paradigm studio 20 v3's arrived today. no doubt about it they are a big improvement over my infinity's. the speakers themselves look like brand new and sound great. an interesting thing happened while waiting for them to arrive. i saw an ad on craigslist locally for a pair of paradigm monitor 7's priced at a 195.00. i couldn't resist buying these ones as well. it's a tough call but i think i like the v3's a little better. but i'll switch them out a couple of more times before i decide. the monitor 7's were also a big upgrade for me. he also thru in a paradigm cc350 center for 30 bucks.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
IMO, the monitors don't come close to the Studios of the v3 era. At low levels, they're similar enough, but when you push them hard, the Studios will shine and the Monitors will show their weaknesses IMHO, as small as they are. I've owned a lot of Paradigms from all of the lines. They're solid speakers and I was always quite impressed with the v3 20s and 40s...until I compred the 20s back to back with the Signature S2s :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks