What's new

New Projector or just the bulb (1 Viewer)

wolveslaw

Auditioning
Real Name
bob lawrance
Hey Guys,I am new to the forum, but I thought I would ask for your advise. my lamp went out on my Mitubishi HC 4000. the replacement is a good chunk of change. The projector is over 2 and half years old, wondering if i should just buy a new one or just buy a new bulb. Wondering if i could fine one better in the 1000 dollan range.Thanks for your advise :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If it's only about 2 years old, I'd also recommend just a bulb.

I'm having the same bulb vs. upgrade debate about my projector, but it's over 7 yrs old.

ruben2235

Auditioning
If you decide to get a new projector Try the Benq 1080st projector, it's a full 1080p projector and has a short throw lens, and has a great picture

mark brown

Supporting Actor
My Sony Projection system used to have a wonderful and bright picture. Lately it has looked dark and i cannot bring it up when calibrating. Could the problem be aftermarket H-200 bulb? What should one look for in replacing the lamp if you don't want to drop $300-$400 for the Sony? Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
JVC and Sony should only be run with an OEM bulb. Period. Just like DLP should always be run with a French bulb(especially when French is OEM).

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The other day, my projector (Epson 7500UB) came up dark with very dull colors. I boosted the brightness and it didn't help. Just last week it was fine. Do bulb problems show up all at once like that?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
When I used to work projection in a multiplex, the bulbs would vary. Some would get dimmer over time, and others would just fritz out all of a sudden. Given that both types are xenon, I suspect the same is true of HT projector bulbs.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I replaced the bulb today. I was dreading it, but it was super easy. The best part is the projector is like new again! WOW! The colors!

joecolelife

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
the new trend for projector is US DLP LED projector. It is using DLP Led that can play 20000+ hours. For general use, it can support 10 years. I just bought and it is very light weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks