Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hades froze over......Wonder Years!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 of 165 smithbrad

smithbrad

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 AM

Wonder Years has the autographed version as well for even more ($300). The regular version for ($250) is the standardized complete set. Going to blu-ray isn't going to change TL's model any. And in this case, I believe I heard Wonder Years was edited in standard definition to give it its look, so I doubt a blu-ray version would add much. So pay $250 or wait and get the individual seasons for around $120, or go with out. It's your choice.

Personally, i will be happy with the standard individual seasons for less money and will enjoy the series. For China Beach i went for the complete series because i wanted the extra disk content, and the packaging was normal.

• Gary OS likes this

#162 of 165 albert_m2

albert_m2

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 AM

It is odd that they would sell season 1 by itself and not with season 2 since combined they have the typical number of episodes of a network show..

Do we know that individual season sets definitely won't have extras?

#163 of 165 smithbrad

smithbrad

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 AM

It is odd that they would sell season 1 by itself and not with season 2 since combined they have the typical number of episodes of a network show..

Do we know that individual season sets definitely won't have extras?

The season disks are going to be the same disks containing the episodes as in the complete series. So any episode commentaries will be included, and possibly a few more extras scattered through out. They just won't contain the specific extras that TL puts on separate bonus disks. If you look at the TL site they have separated out 4 bonus disks with quite a bit of content, including reunions. I will bet that they will never be released outside the complete series. However, you might find bits here and there on youtube.

As for the season one release, while i agree about combining seasons one and two from a logical perspective, TL doesn't usually release a season one with the overall complete series. Typically, they make you wait to try and get as many as possible to buy the complete series. I'm guessing they wanted to get something out there but didn't want to offer too much. A few episodes like season one with a lot of advertisement about what is included within the complete series describing the extras was probably worth it to them to do it this way.

#164 of 165 albert_m2

albert_m2

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

I really, really prefer standard packaging, whether it be season set or a complete series in a regular style box. I would prefer the complete series be released in a standard box down the line, if not I'll likely get the season sets even if means missing out on the reunions (which for this show I would enjoy a lot, but there is a tipping point and for me it's like that package)

#165 of 165 jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,664 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:23 PM

hi albert,

i know that brad and i disagree, but i think you will be able to purchase EVERYTHING with standard packaging down the line.

the releases are getting better.  the companies are becoming more responsive to the public's desires.

i do not think we will always be forced to buy a mantelpiece in order to get all the extras.

i guess time will tell on that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users