What's new

Paradigm Speakers (1 Viewer)

Looking to upgrade current speakers....interested in the Paradigm Speakers. I'm getting very confused in the way they list their products and how they're labeled on ebay, etc...for example (the CC, V Series, Phantom, Atom). Can someone list from good to bad the series (mainly centers and surrounds). Their website is no help, basically their cc is listed as a studio but on ebay it comes up as a monitor series on some speakers. Any help and advice on these or any other speakers would be greatly appreciated. It's seems the Paradigms for the price are the best choice on a budget. Just need some good match speakers. I have a 20 x 20 room

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
They have three different classes.

Entry level is "Monitor" line, then you step up to "Studio" and then finally their top-of-the-line is "Signature." Usually each class has two to three different centers to choose from, a couple different towers and then a couple bookshelf speakers. Plus they make the little Atoms, and I believe some outdoor speakers and such, but that wont be what youll want. If your budget permits I wouldn't suggest anything short of their Studio line. Their Signature line is pricey but if you have the coin the Signatures gets you a really pretty hand-rubbed finish and upgraded drivers, this line represents the best offerings of one of the finest speaker manufactures on the market.

Heres a direct link to all their offering in the Studio line, let me know if this clears up the confusion...The two models of "30th Anniversary" at the top of the page are limited edition and will only be offered for a limited time, so scroll down below them to see all the speakers in the "Studio" line...
http://www.paradigm.com/products/collection=reference

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Using EBay is going to add to your confusion. I agree Signatures should be on your radar. But many people selling Paradigm aren't the original owners and have no clue if the have a Monitor or a Signature.Your best bet is to study the link from TA. Familiarize yourself with how a Signature looks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You can always post links to what you've found and ask. Sometimes you even get lucky and the seller has no clue what they have.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I use Paradigm in both my home theaters, monitor in den and Studio in Basement, highly recommended, great value for performance, terrific build quality, great sound, stellar looks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Too small on the front channel(Not my taste). None of those reach 80hz.

In my, personal taste, opinion, the "least" Paradigm speaker for the main two is the Mini Monitor. The Studio 10 is a giant leap.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah. My only "ergghhh" about the E-set Sam(other Sam...ha)...

The cubes don't make it to 80hz. Yes, I know I'm an audio perfectionist/snob(take your pick).

The KHT3005(whichever version you prefer...the three versions contain three different subwoofers) achieve 80hz. Even the 2005 achieves 80(but the price decrease nets you a lousy sub).

IF this is a "main theatre"...for my taste...3005 or nothing.(yes...borrowing the BMW advert phrasing)

I guess this is one of the confusing parts. the monitors and the cinemas are both listed in the "classic" collection. it looks like just appearance diffrence.
so they don't share same quality?

please exscuse the underscore there ,no clue what I mashed-lol
what is a cc-350 ? (classic,moniter ?)
no im not looking at cubes or little sats. the cin400 has 5 drivers I think.

or are ya saying I should stay with 6 1/2 drivers all way around

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Cathy Dearman Morris said:
I guess this is one of the confusing parts. the monitors and the cinemas are both listed in the "classic" collection. it looks like just appearance diffrence.
so they don't share same quality?
Thats because they all have the same drivers so yes its the same general quality for all the speakers in the classic collection. Their reference collection is only the limited edition 30th Anniversary and the Studios. Reason the Anniversary speakers fall in that category is because they are based on a Studio speaker enclosures but have Signature drivers. Then finally their Signature collection is all Signature drivers in all signature enclosures. The collection is a little confusing but when you look at the drivers, the materials and design, it makes sense.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty

The 350 is 15 years old, at least, hard to say what it would be considered by todays collection monikers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

The Cinema 200/400 are fine for center/surround use. I(as in me) would never expect that speaker to reproduce music worth listening to. But...

1. Are you going to be listening to music?
2. Is that music disc/lossless. Or, it is low-bit streamed/lossy?

I always recommend, for the main pair, a speaker capable of 80hz. Ideally 60hz. Size/quantity of driver is "somewhat irrelevant". Def Tech has their ProMonitor(600 I think) with a 4 1/2" driver paired with two bass radiators that still achieves 60-ish hz.

It also depends on brand of AVR. If you are buying "differently capable" speakers...stick with Onkyo/Integra, Denon/Marantz, NAD or Anthem.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depends on the V...

All Paradigm are "supposed to be"...

Name, series, version.

Like CC 370 V3 (if there is such a thing...of that specific model)

There is V1(well...there never was a "version 1", till there was a "Version 2"), V2, V3 and some speakers are on V4. Something is probably on a V5.

The vast majority of Paradigm re-sellers(and even if they are the original owners) have no clue what version they are selling. (which is why I said you need to link some. Cause if the sellers have no clue what version they are selling...we might be able to help. In many speakers...V2* and V3* will not work together as the tweeter and internal cabinet variations between them make the speakers sound different)

*Meaning, if you found the Mini Monitor V2 and found another set of Atom Monitor V3, I would not put them together.

To add even more "confusion/help"...many Paradigm owners keep V3 to themselves. 1, 2 and 4 can be mixed and mingled(when the 3 came out, 1 and 2 owners bitched...prompting a more mellow 4.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks