What's new

Looking for help on Speakers for Denon avr-3313CI receiver (1 Viewer)

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
I am starting a new AVR setup in a 2 bedroom apartment about 1300 SF and I am looking for great speakers that work well with the Denon avr-3313CI ? I am looking for crystal clear speaks but don't want to break the bank. Budget is about 2500 for speakers

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Searching the used market...

PSB
Totem
Paradigm
Martin Logan
Salk(maybe)
Ohm(maybe)
Zu(maybe)
Monitor(maybe)
Leon(maybe)

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
I am looking for something similar to the deftech procimema 1000 where I can hang on the wall?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What is wrong with the PC 1000?

By the way, would I own them? No. Too small for my taste. But "hanging them on the wall" is not a criteria of mine.

nycguy718

Grip
Real Name
luis
schan I just want people opinions to see if there is anyhting better. Being that i live in a apartment i am going with smaller instead of larger floor speakers. Once I get my house one day then I will go with floor speakers.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Being that i live in a apartment i am going with smaller instead of larger floor speakers.
Most if not all of those manufacturers schan listed make bookshelf speakers. Bookshelfs are enormously better at producing quality sound than small satellites. The small driver in a satellite can only move so much air, and in the end it comes down to air movement. If you are only watching movies you can get away with satellites (and in fact I do), but if you plan on listening to music, I strongly suggest getting some bookshelfs (which I did for my music room setup).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Satellite is reserved for anything with 3" and smaller drivers. 5" and bigger is typically bookshelf.4"-Ish is in the open area...My personal definition of a satellite vs bookshelf...Those that can produce , it is a satellite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks