"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#222 of 296 Simon Massey

Simon Massey

Screenwriter

• 2,055 posts
  • LocationKuwait

Posted March 18 2014 - 10:57 AM

It was a strong episode but its strength is undermined by some very weak ones prior to this to the point where the show had felt like it was treading water and I had begun to lose some interest. Im all for developing the characters, but apart from one tense episode with Rick I have been largely underwhelmed since they left the prison.

#223 of 296 Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 740 posts

Posted March 18 2014 - 11:19 PM

It was a strong episode but its strength is undermined by some very weak ones prior to this to the point where the show had felt like it was treading water and I had begun to lose some interest. Im all for developing the characters, but apart from one tense episode with Rick I have been largely underwhelmed since they left the prison.

Well, I'm just the opposite of your views and have really enjoyed these shows. That's why I watch, for the characters, NOT the action and gore junk. Like I've said several times now, the zombies are just a fictional mechanism by which to drive the characters, it's not a true horror/action show by any means.

#224 of 296 doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 775 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted March 19 2014 - 06:30 AM

As is typical with most apocalyptica (the BBC's 70's series 'Survivors' springs to mind) the show is strongest when they are on the move, weakest when they have 'very-special' episodes and indulge their 'waiting for Godot' instincts, in my opinion..

#225 of 296 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted March 19 2014 - 06:40 AM

I definitely prefer them on the move.  If we had another season of the prison I would have bailed on the show.

#226 of 296 KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 613 posts

Posted March 20 2014 - 09:32 AM

I definitely prefer them on the move.  If we had another season of the prison I would have bailed on the show.

While I understand that's what drives this show, and so far that's when it's been at its best, I'm starting to tire of the format.

What I mean, is that they are now in what year of the walker/biter apocalype?  2?  3?  (Which brings to mind a problem I had a couple of weeks back with the Glen episode - there shouldn't be cornfields anymore)  Walkers aren't unknown at this point; their behavior is predictable.    We're given several ways to 'camoflage' or be ignored.  Why aren't they being used on a consistent basis?   Why do places have to be abandoned?  Why not stake out some jawless, armless walkers and dig a trench around a settlement? 

At this point what I think they need to do, and maybe they are with Terminus, is to show how society rebuilds itself.    That, or if they insist on the 'always on the move' format, changes the rules; show why it HAS to be that way.   I know I'm overthinking the show somewhat, but in telling their stories, they're asking me to think.  Can't expect me to think and then ask me not to......

#227 of 296 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,862 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted March 24 2014 - 10:23 AM

season 4 cliffhanger prediction......

1005933_10152345772363081_379760322_n.jp

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#228 of 296 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 10:38 AM

Terminus seemed kind of creepy. Not many people around or much activity. It will be interesting to see what's up there.

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#229 of 296 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 24 2014 - 10:46 AM

Terminus seemed kind of creepy. Not many people around or much activity. It will be interesting to see what's up there.

I'm waiting for it to turn into a Soylent Green feel.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#230 of 296 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 11:31 AM

Even the name is creepy - Terminus; the end.  Who's end?

"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

#231 of 296 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,784 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 24 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm not big on speculating but since Terminus seems like Woodbury Part II, I think the writers will go against those expectations and have everyone be relatively cool and normal. The problems will arise when Jeff Kober's "Claimed!" group shows up looking for Rick.

#232 of 296 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 16,218 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted March 24 2014 - 04:31 PM

Terminus was the original name of Atlanta BTW...

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#233 of 296 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted March 24 2014 - 08:02 PM

I'm not big on speculating but since Terminus seems like Woodbury Part II, I think the writers will go against those expectations and have everyone be relatively cool and normal.

Could be.  But it seemed strange to me that there was absolutely no one standing guard and just a gate anyone could walk through.

#234 of 296 Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,604 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 09:50 AM

Personally, I'm wary on Terminus. I'm wondering if it's some sort of trap. Would the writers do so so soon after Woodbury? Unlikely, but those signs would give me caution.

...and no one is mentioning Day of the Dead's Bub making an appearance in the tunnel?!

#235 of 296 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,784 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:06 AM

...and no one is mentioning Day of the Dead's Bub making an appearance in the tunnel?!

I noticed that too!

#236 of 296 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,989 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted March 25 2014 - 11:24 AM

Daryl should've taken that dude's arrows. Come on, man. You've got, like, three. A few more could help.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#237 of 296 Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 02:46 PM

Daryl should've taken that dude's arrows. Come on, man. You've got, like, three. A few more could help.

Arrows and cross bow bolts are not the same. They were however shacked up in a garage, so there might have been tools to cut down the arrows and modify the nocks, fletching and tips. I'm sure Darryl could've used the bow, but I'll assume someone else CLAIMED it and they were the dumb one who left the arrow in dead guy's head.

#238 of 296 Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,867 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 04:56 PM

What I mean, is that they are now in what year of the walker/biter apocalype?  2?  3?  (Which brings to mind a problem I had a couple of weeks back with the Glen episode - there shouldn't be cornfields anymore)  Walkers aren't unknown at this point; their behavior is predictable.    We're given several ways to 'camoflage' or be ignored.  Why aren't they being used on a consistent basis?   Why do places have to be abandoned?  Why not stake out some jawless, armless walkers and dig a trench around a settlement? 

I've had similar thoughts.  It also seems like that country club would have been the perfect place to settle down.

Also, I would think at this point in time the non-zombies are a bigger threat than the zombies are.

#239 of 296 MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted March 26 2014 - 04:53 AM

Anyone know what song was playing when they walked into Terminus?

#240 of 296 joshEH

joshEH

Screenwriter

• 2,989 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted March 26 2014 - 08:54 AM

"We'll make you a plate."

If the Terminus folks are cannibals, it seems like they resorted to cannibalism relatively quickly. I know Kirkman's gotta kirk, but seems like the cannibals would come into being much later, rather than sooner during a zombie apocalypse.

I imagine even the worst person alive would balk at eating grilled man. Carl looked for 5 minutes and found the biggest can of pudding in existence. And, what, he searched two houses? Plus, these presumed cannibals are growing crops.

Arrows and cross bow bolts are not the same. They were however shacked up in a garage, so there might have been tools to cut down the arrows and modify the nocks, fletching and tips. I'm sure Darryl could've used the bow, but I'll assume someone else CLAIMED it and they were the dumb one who left the arrow in dead guy's head.

True, I know -- was just having a funny, there. Good point about the garage, though.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users