Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Criterions -- 50% at Best Buy/BBY.com

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 of 26 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,100 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 03 2013 - 08:22 PM

BN 15% off coupons are available via email if you are registered to receive them. I have several extras if any members here need some,

PM  me if you a few and I can send you some

Expires in store 7/7 and online 2:59am EDT Monday  7/8

B2G1 on the majority of items is active through end of day Monday 7/8 and around Midnight EDT online (may be a little

wiggle room, but don't push it too far).

Criterion 50% sale will start sometime after 12:01 am EDT Tuesday Ju;y 9th -- Go TEAM,

Time to pick pick up Shoah and Pierre Etaix among others. I'm really psyched for Lord of the Flies and The Ice Storm fir

later in July.

Edited by David Norman, July 03 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#22 of 26 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,112 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 03 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the B&N sale. There's some newer titles that didn't get the 50% off on Amazon that I'm hoping to snag. 

#23 of 26 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted July 03 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm waiting on Wild Strawberries, Marketa Lazarova and Shoah at the sale, I have all the other Blu releases. Also going to get the last 4 box sets I need and all the new releases during the sale.

I'm at 599 out of 663 Criterions right now. SOOOOO close. I hope that I'll be all done by the November BN sale.

Edited by Moe Dickstein, July 03 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#24 of 26 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 04 2013 - 08:00 AM

I'm not a Criterion completist -- I have some 360 Criterion titles consisting of roughly 180 DVDs, 120 BLUs, and 60 LDs that for one reason or another I haven't yet been willing to let go of (but I've already dumped a bunch of others) -- but I've been going great guns on the last few sales and I am hot to trot for this one.

Edited by Charles Smith, July 04 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#25 of 26 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,100 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 04 2013 - 08:35 AM

I skipped the DVD for the most part, but I think I have close to 200 of the LD's and my Blu's are almost complete except for the 4 or 5 of the latest releases and the next 4 July releases -- which I'll get this sale. I think that puts me somewhere near 240 BD's once I get the next 10.

I think I have about 10 of the DVDs -- depending on release schedules of Blu, I'm not sure if I'll go back and get the DVD not on blu someday or not.

Hell, if I ever win the lottery I may got to DaDon's Ebay store (or more likely make a personal trip) and fill out the rest of my LD's just for something cool to do.

#26 of 26 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted July 04 2013 - 02:13 PM

When I finish the current set, I'm going to do the lasers next, there are 320 of those and I'm at about 15% right now so a good ways to go there.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users