What's new

PS3 Overtakes Xbox 360 In Worldwide Sales (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
With the recent announce of XBox One, there still is the existing console wars, primarily between PS3 and XBox 360.

According to VGChartz at least, the PlayStation 3 has overtaken the Xbox 360 in terms of global sales: 77,313,472 to 77,311,669.

Obviously, this is neck and neck competition and there can be discrepancies from different sources. However, something to note is that the PS3 shipped a full year after the XBox 360 (mainly due to the blu-ray integration). Even with a year lag, PS3 has basically outsold XBox 360. Through in the red circle of death and there are probably alot more purchases of XBox 360 than there would have been without that failure.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Kevin Collins said:
With the recent announce of XBox One, there still is the existing console wars, primarily between PS3 and XBox 360.

According to VGChartz at least, the PlayStation 3 has overtaken the Xbox 360 in terms of global sales: 77,313,472 to 77,311,669.

Obviously, this is neck and neck competition and there can be discrepancies from different sources. However, something to note is that the PS3 shipped a full year after the XBox 360 (mainly due to the blu-ray integration). Even with a year lag, PS3 has basically outsold XBox 360. Through in the red circle of death and there are probably alot more purchases of XBox 360 than there would have been without that failure.
As someone who replaced 2 XBOX's with RROD, I get it.
Then again, I replaced a PS3 with blinking power light also so..

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I bought a PS3 in 2008 and a 360 when it was remodeled and with Kinect. Neither has broken but I definitely use my PS3 more than my 360.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I replaced my original 60GB PS3 due to YLoD, but I traded it (and $99) directly to Sony for a refurbed 120GB, so that probably didn't count as a sale (then again, who knows how they calculate these things).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks