Xbox 360 remains the highest selling console in the USA

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kevin Collins, Jul 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kevin Collins

Kevin Collins Owner, from The Other Washington
    Owner

Kevin Collins
    Even with the announcement of XBox One, XBox 360 maintains the number one position in the USA for 30 consecutive months. Note, this is USA ONLY, not WW.

According to Microsoft, the Xbox 360 has maintained its position as the top US console last month selling over 140,000 units. The company states that the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software, and accessories) brought in over $197 million dollars in June.

Usually when a new console is announced, sales of the incumbent start to trail off. What we don't know is XBox 360 M/M sales declining in tangent with PS3 because of the new consoles coming out from both companies or is XBox 360 M/M and Y/Y sales increasing? If the news of the two new console's is causing both to decline at a similar pace, then is "big" news that XBox is still #1 in the US?

How long do you think Xbox 360 will remain the top console? Will the Xbox One replace it or will it be beaten down by Sony’s PlayStation 4?

2. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I'm just not sure how this is shocking. With what's available currently... I mean, PS4 and XBOX1 not shipping yet.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

What I find even more interesting is that globally the XBOX still can't gain headway; and the WiiU is just getting killed in all markets.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It's probably a lot of early adopters finally replacing their RROD units.