-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Vikings on HIstory

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Quincy

Quincy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 12:07 PM

Is no one watching this series?

#2 of 5 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,280 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 02 2013 - 12:24 PM

I caught a bit of it the other day. Not bad...but if it gets anywhere in the ratings...I'll be shocked.

It is almost too close to Game of Thrones...you know, without all the good stuff and Dinklage.

#3 of 5 Quincy

Quincy

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 02:45 PM

I caught a bit of it the other day. Not bad...but if it gets anywhere in the ratings...I'll be shocked.

4.5 million viewers, not bad for a cable series. On par with Game of thrones ratings.

#4 of 5 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,132 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 05 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've liked the first five episodes. The relationship between Ragnar and Athelstan is compelling to me.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#5 of 5 doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts
  • LocationMackenzie, BC, Canada

Posted April 17 2013 - 02:15 PM

It's pretty darn good..  The song that accompanies the opening sequence has me humming gutterly for hours, after words..  :)

I thought the resoloution between Ragnar and the Chieftan was a bit anticlimactic and Deus Ex Machina..  But the cinematography is top shelf, the scenery is breath-taking, and the acting is not too bad at all!  I'm surprised there hasn't been more comments on this show.

Edited by doug zdanivsky, April 17 2013 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users