• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Rebel Racing

Rebel Racing

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Currently have a 46" LCD Samsung bought new less than 2 yr ago.  Very happy with this unit and have experience with a 22" unit in our kitchen and my Parents have a 32" LCD in their vacation home.  I have the opprotunity to sell our 46" one for a very  fair price.  If the sale goes through, what would you guys reccomend for a replacement?  I will be staying with Samsung for sure and with the space we have, 52" is really the largest we can go.  The location is a fairly well lit room ( bright sunshine by times) so I think that plasma is not the best choice.  Budget would be in the $800 range.  Any thoughts???

Thanks!! 

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,918 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 26 2013 - 05:28 AM

Kills me that plasma gets a "bad rap" in a bright room. I have a Hitachi plasma sitting in a 40x40(ish) room that is 60% windows on three walls. Granted the TV sits on the south wall...but I never have problems watching it...and, there are NO curtains, at all, in the room.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Rebel Racing

Rebel Racing

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted February 26 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hi Sam,

Well, in view of that, maybe plasma should still be considered.  I was always told that they are better in a darker room and LCD is more for a brighter room.  I always made our buying decissions on that.  I think that you educated me--Thanks!! 

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,918 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 27 2013 - 06:11 AM

Here is a picture of my plasma in the room with no curtains. Cloudy but with snow on the ground...so still bright. And that was taken with a Blackberry Curve. The window light is over-exaggerated. Taken at roughly 1:00p.m. The lights in the room are off. All of them are "40w replacement dimmable LED" in ceiling fans and a chandelier. The lights, even today, wouldn't make a bit of difference in the room light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users