What's new

Upgrading From a 46" Samsung LCD?? (1 Viewer)

Rebel Racing

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Hi Guys, Currently have a 46" LCD Samsung bought new less than 2 yr ago. Very happy with this unit and have experience with a 22" unit in our kitchen and my Parents have a 32" LCD in their vacation home. I have the opprotunity to sell our 46" one for a very fair price. If the sale goes through, what would you guys reccomend for a replacement? I will be staying with Samsung for sure and with the space we have, 52" is really the largest we can go. The location is a fairly well lit room ( bright sunshine by times) so I think that plasma is not the best choice. Budget would be in the $800 range. Any thoughts??? Thanks!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Kills me that plasma gets a "bad rap" in a bright room. I have a Hitachi plasma sitting in a 40x40(ish) room that is 60% windows on three walls. Granted the TV sits on the south wall...but I never have problems watching it...and, there are NO curtains, at all, in the room.

Rebel Racing

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Hi Sam, Well, in view of that, maybe plasma should still be considered. I was always told that they are better in a darker room and LCD is more for a brighter room. I always made our buying decissions on that. I think that you educated me--Thanks!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Here is a picture of my plasma in the room with no curtains. Cloudy but with snow on the ground...so still bright. And that was taken with a Blackberry Curve. The window light is over-exaggerated. Taken at roughly 1:00p.m. The lights in the room are off. All of them are "40w replacement dimmable LED" in ceiling fans and a chandelier. The lights, even today, wouldn't make a bit of difference in the room light.
b027d9b7_tvbrightday001.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks