Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LG HDMI input issue- No signal

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   cbaywolf

cbaywolf

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 03:08 PM

i have my blu ray and HD cable box running through my A/V receiver into my TV (all using HDMI connections). One day after 2 weeks of working fine, the receiver stopped sending signal to the hdmi port on my TV (I then tested, and it wouldn't work on ANY of my 3 hdmi inputs on my TV (LG 55lm4600). I then tested my blu ray and my Verizon Fios cable box directly. My cable box would work, buy my Sony blu ray player would not- so I determined that there must be some sort of setting on the hdmi inputs on my LG tv- but I couldn't find it anywhere. I ultimately solved my issue by setting my TV back to factory default settings, but I still have no idea what changed. Is there an HDMI port configuration on a typical LG TV? Anyone know what setting would have caused this? :confused: Thanks for the help.

#2 of 4 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,263 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 17 2013 - 02:39 AM

Did you have any power surges/outtages? HDMI "handshake"(HDCP, look it up) can be wonky which is why people are turning to UPS...which you can get one for $50.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   cbaywolf

cbaywolf

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 03:32 AM

wow, Sam, you are all over these forums... I don't think we had any power surges- It was rainy, but not stormy, and I didn't see any evidence of a surge, but who knows- I do have my TV connected to a Monster surge strip- but I don't think it was more than $30-35- so definitely not the best protection possible. The thing is that it was working Monday normally, then the next evening those 2 devices just stopped sending video to my LG TV (but it could tell that something was connected b/c it would always show up as a possible input and allow me to select it when powered on). Both my Receiver and my Blu ray would not work when connected to any of my 3 HDMI inputs on my TV- but they worked on my other LG TV just fine. Then after running out of things to check, i just reset the TV back to factory default settings thinking I had nothing to lose, and it worked- I'd just like to know which setting it reset. I did power off and unplug the TV and all the devices a few times- but nothing else worked. I was thinking there might be input settings to adjust somewhere (similar to full and half duplex settings on network ports), but I didn't see those options anywhere. It's possible that someone in my family changed a setting by accident, but I really have no idea what it was, and just don't want it to happen again.

#4 of 4 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,263 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 17 2013 - 04:19 AM

HDMI is a wonky/fickle b!$@h... Sometimes the only thing you can do is go back to square one. The AVR has a computer brain. Denon has a "re-set procedure" in the manual. Maybe it had a moment of ScareCrow...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users