6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,998 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 12:22 PM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,134 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted January 16 2013 - 12:45 AM

I never did enjoy the remakes of the classics. Somehow, they just don't hold the same charm as the originals do. I know things change and expand, but the newer versions just aren't my cup of tea. I'm happy for those who like these as this gives them a chance to add to their collection. :cool:

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 04:28 AM

It's great to see WHV plum their archives of lesser animated material again. And hopefully, this means they can cut down on all the rereleases of the classic material and focus on the T&J Golden Collections. This is a guilty pleasure from Cartoon Network back in the day.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,961 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 08:32 AM

Do Tom and Jerry sell a lot of DVDs? There are always several titles at Walmart, and there have been numerous made for home video releases? WHV seems to put a lot of resources into it.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Mick Tees

Mick Tees

Second Unit

• 257 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 11:16 AM

There was a time when T & J were friends in the early 80's. I wonder if this series will ever come out on DVD? I think it only ran for one season.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Dave Lawrence

Dave Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator

• 113 posts

Posted January 24 2013 - 12:52 PM

There was a time when T & J were friends in the early 80's. I wonder if this series will ever come out on DVD? I think it only ran for one season.

I remember that era of T&J, too. As a kid watching then in the early 80s, it was a weird viewing experience to see a cartoon with them acting like best buddies sandwiched between 2 other, more traditional cartoons where they're trying to kill each other. At the time I didn't know this was all about not being able to show the level of violence in made-for-tv cartoons as was contained in the theatrical classics. I just saw them as a strange (though not bad) change of pace. Plus, they came with a catchy theme song. I'd buy a DVD of them. But what I really want to see first is a DVD of the Gene Deitch T&J cartoons. I've read a lot of criticism, but they're just so bizarre that I have a certain fondness for them.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime

Second Unit

• 374 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn Park, MD

Posted January 25 2013 - 04:41 AM

Given WHV's mandate and the original versions issue, those Tom and Jerry episodes where they were friends are also stuck to WHV and you can expect it to be in the original aired package show versions with Grape Ape and Mumbly. Especially when a episode of the Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape show appeared on one of the Saturday Morning sets. However given it's WHV we could be waiting for another decade with no news. At least we can laugh, have a smile, even if we won't see DVDs for a while.

Blanket Quote for myself for all my postings from Feb 2014 and on

"i'm not shy to mention that i seem to be a major outlier on this forum. But i'm still highly boggled by some things posted here. But hey i can only be so critical but some things do bother me a bit, but to each their own. Even if it's odd conspiracies, not wanting to use terms correctly or just throwing hasty generalizations."

If the horse doesn't want to drink, i'm not going to lead them to water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users