What's new

WHV Announcement: Tom and Jerry Kids Show Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I never did enjoy the remakes of the classics. Somehow, they just don't hold the same charm as the originals do. I know things change and expand, but the newer versions just aren't my cup of tea. I'm happy for those who like these as this gives them a chance to add to their collection. :cool:

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
It's great to see WHV plum their archives of lesser animated material again. And hopefully, this means they can cut down on all the rereleases of the classic material and focus on the T&J Golden Collections. This is a guilty pleasure from Cartoon Network back in the day.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Do Tom and Jerry sell a lot of DVDs? There are always several titles at Walmart, and there have been numerous made for home video releases? WHV seems to put a lot of resources into it.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
There was a time when T & J were friends in the early 80's. I wonder if this series will ever come out on DVD? I think it only ran for one season.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mick Tees said:
There was a time when T & J were friends in the early 80's. I wonder if this series will ever come out on DVD? I think it only ran for one season.
I remember that era of T&J, too. As a kid watching then in the early 80s, it was a weird viewing experience to see a cartoon with them acting like best buddies sandwiched between 2 other, more traditional cartoons where they're trying to kill each other. At the time I didn't know this was all about not being able to show the level of violence in made-for-tv cartoons as was contained in the theatrical classics. I just saw them as a strange (though not bad) change of pace. Plus, they came with a catchy theme song. I'd buy a DVD of them. But what I really want to see first is a DVD of the Gene Deitch T&J cartoons. I've read a lot of criticism, but they're just so bizarre that I have a certain fondness for them.

MattPriceTime

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Price
Given WHV's mandate and the original versions issue, those Tom and Jerry episodes where they were friends are also stuck to WHV and you can expect it to be in the original aired package show versions with Grape Ape and Mumbly. Especially when a episode of the Tom and Jerry/Grape Ape show appeared on one of the Saturday Morning sets. However given it's WHV we could be waiting for another decade with no news. At least we can laugh, have a smile, even if we won't see DVDs for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks