What's new

Subwoofer Bic pl200 vs svs 12 vs sunfire svb 12 (1 Viewer)

stang233

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
I am looking to upgrade my sub from the JBL PB12. My room is 12x24 with 8 feet tall ceiling. It is for home theater use only. I am looking at the subs listed in the heading. Svs pb12 nsd, BIC pl200 or the sunfire sds 12. Would it be wise to save the the money and get the Bic and spend that money somewhere else in the system or will the svs or sunfire massively outperform the BIC. Thank you very much for your help
I edited for better clarity...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What????
Edit:
Now that I hopefully decrypted your post correctly...
The BIC PL200 is one of the best, bargain, subs there is. It is the lowest cost subwoofer than can achieve 22hz over 100db.
Lots of performance for its price. Problem is, I don't think you can buy them anymore...The Acoustech H100 essentially replaces it. With similar performance.
I have no idea which, of the five, SVS subs you refer to...But asking a $300 sub to go against a $650 sub is like asking a WWI aircraft to go up against an F18.
Same with the Sunfire(I assume you mean the SDS 12???)

stang233

Auditioning
Real Name
Richard
I apologize my voice to text failed me. I hope I cleared it up some. You did sum up a little of what I was thinking that the svs and sunfire are just far superior. I wonder how much louder and tighter they actually are.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, BIC had help from HSU. So they don't suck.
But, there is only so much you can do and have a retail price of $300. I've heard the BIC F12. The VK12 and H100 both have more power and a more efficient driver. The F12 is easily, without doubt, the best $200 sub on the market.
Will the box(cause many times what you are paying for with a more expensive subwoofer...is the box) of the H100 compare to the box of the SVS or Sunfire?
Heck no. You could probably use the Sunfire as a chair while it is running along at 105DB. Try that with the H100 and you'll wish the box was stronger.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Between SVS and Sunfire, I would go with SVS. You are buying factory direct so it is a better value. Plus the founders of the company met on this forum back when it had a DIY section. We have definitely kept up with them through the years. If you call their customer support line, there's a good chance you will speak to a current member of this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks