What's new

Help and Suggestions on Selection and Setup (1 Viewer)

ClevelandSound

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
First post on here, so bear with me.
I'm looking for a decent surround sound system or set of speakers for a smaller room. I've narrowed it down to two possibilities: the Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System and the pair of Sony SSF-7000 floorstanding speakers. I'm a college student, but I'm looking for these to last me in the long run.
So, my first question is: For a small-medium sized room, which system is better? I know that a 5.1 Surround Sound system is a little much, but I like the idea of having the speakers mounted on my wall and I could always use these when I move into an apartment one day. I'm considering the Sony SSF-7000 because I think floorstanding speakers look incredibly stylish and these ones seem to be highly recommended without being too expensive.
My second question, which is perhaps the most important, is: Can a Sony STRDH520 power either or both of these? To be honest, I picked this receiver because it's cheaper.
Detailed answers as to why you pick which system would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Are you primarily aiming to listen to music, watch movies, play games, or some combination thereof? I would recommend that you give your two main uses in order so we can weight the answer. Obviously if it's 90% music - then investing in two speakers is a better idea than 5.

ClevelandSound

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
It would be primarily for video games, TV, and movies. I have the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers for my computer that I use for music, so this will be a TV setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks