Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Transferring data from one SD card

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Palmega

Palmega

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have tried transferring photos from one SD card to another using my computer. But when I try to 'drag' a photo into the empty SD card, a message popr up saying the SD card is write-protected.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:05 PM

Not even close to home theater but I'll answer. Have you checked the write-protect switch on the SD card? http://popstips.lefo...e-protect-mode/

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Palmega

Palmega

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hi Robert, Yes I looked at that and it was unlocked. I even tried it when the switch was in the locked position just to make sure the switch was labelled correctly but still no luck. I have tried a number of SD cards and it's always the same problem. I have also put the SD card into the camera & taken a photo just to make sure it works. It just will not let me drag a photo from one SD card to another. I have even tried 3 computers and have had the same problem.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 04 2012 - 01:22 PM

They are cheap. Buy a new SD card. If your current one is under warranty, send it in. I've had very good luck with OCZ cards. Out of a few dozen, only one has gone bad and they replaced it for free.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,280 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted October 04 2012 - 02:21 PM

I get this issue from time to time even on quality brands like SanDisk and PNY. My solution is usually to use a different card reader than the one built in to the PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users