Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Transferring data from one SD card

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Palmega

Palmega

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have tried transferring photos from one SD card to another using my computer. But when I try to 'drag' a photo into the empty SD card, a message popr up saying the SD card is write-protected.

#2 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,052 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:05 PM

Not even close to home theater but I'll answer. Have you checked the write-protect switch on the SD card? http://popstips.lefo...e-protect-mode/

#3 of 5 Palmega

Palmega

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hi Robert, Yes I looked at that and it was unlocked. I even tried it when the switch was in the locked position just to make sure the switch was labelled correctly but still no luck. I have tried a number of SD cards and it's always the same problem. I have also put the SD card into the camera & taken a photo just to make sure it works. It just will not let me drag a photo from one SD card to another. I have even tried 3 computers and have had the same problem.

#4 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,052 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted October 04 2012 - 01:22 PM

They are cheap. Buy a new SD card. If your current one is under warranty, send it in. I've had very good luck with OCZ cards. Out of a few dozen, only one has gone bad and they replaced it for free.

#5 of 5 Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,172 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted October 04 2012 - 02:21 PM

I get this issue from time to time even on quality brands like SanDisk and PNY. My solution is usually to use a different card reader than the one built in to the PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users