-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Does Fox have any catalog titles scheduled for the 4th quarter?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 GMpasqua

GMpasqua

Screenwriter

• 1,423 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 06:12 PM

Fox seems to have stopped releasing catalog titles after their Marilyn Monroe sets this month. Is anything planned for the rest of the year?  What happened to "Cleopatra" or the Rodgers and Hammerstein films? Are these still coming? MGM also seems to have stopped releasing catalogtitles lately, yet reports claim gatalog blu-ray sales are up

#2 of 11 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,826 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 03 2012 - 12:48 AM

Yes, I kind of had my heart set on the Rodgers and Hammerstein films for September, but there has been no announcement, so I guess they're not coming then after all (at least not in Region 1).

#3 of 11 trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 655 posts

Posted August 03 2012 - 04:37 AM

I had the same thoughts. It would be nice to be looking forward to-HELLO DOLLY--STAR--DOCTOR DOLITTLE--AGONY AND ECTASYor THE BLUE MAX before the year ends.

#4 of 11 Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen

Second Unit

• 457 posts

Posted August 03 2012 - 04:39 AM

I had the same thoughts. It would be nice to be looking forward to-HELLO DOLLY--STAR--DOCTOR DOLITTLE--AGONY AND ECTASYor THE BLUE MAX before the year ends.

I believe that you should be looking at Twilight Time for 'some' of these titles...

#5 of 11 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,637 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 03 2012 - 04:40 AM

^ Yeah, licensing seems to be Fox's thing now. Terror Train has been licensed to Shout Factory and is coming out in October.

#6 of 11 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted August 03 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'm hoping for Region 1 Blu's for FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (1965) and VON RYAN'S EXPRESS. From the 1980's, I'd like to see 8 MILLION WAYS TO DIE. Can't think of any other Fox titles I want.

#7 of 11 lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,126 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted August 03 2012 - 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by cineMANIAC 

I'm hoping for Region 1 Blu's for FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (1965) and VON RYAN'S EXPRESS. From the 1980's, I'd like to see 8 MILLION WAYS TO DIE. Can't think of any other Fox titles I want.

Von Ryan's Express is available on BD from Fox's French division...I have a region-free pressing from Amazon's website there on its way to me now!!!Posted Image

#8 of 11 JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,512 posts

Posted August 03 2012 - 05:59 AM

The delayed North American edition of Titanic (1953) has supposedly been pushed back to Q4 to coincide with the Cameron blu-ray. However, I'm not sure that counts since it already had a UK release. Like Universal's Harvey blu-ray, it should emerge eventually.

#9 of 11 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted August 03 2012 - 06:09 AM

Von Ryan's Express is available on BD from Fox's French division...I have a region-free pressing from Amazon's website there on its way to me now!!!:tu:

Thanks! Headed there now to grab a copy. EDIT: I didn't see a Translate option on the French Amazon site. Something was preventing me from completing the transaction so I couldn't get it - still hoping the U.S will get a Blu-ray soon. No reason why it shouldn't.

#10 of 11 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,346 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted August 05 2012 - 05:13 AM

Looking at the German bit of blu-ray.com I see two 50's Fox movies are being released in Germany in a couple of months, Desk Set & The Rains Of Ranchipur.

#11 of 11 Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen

Second Unit

• 457 posts

Posted August 05 2012 - 05:55 AM

Looking at the German bit of blu-ray.com I see two 50's Fox movies are being released in Germany in a couple of months, Desk Set & The Rains Of Ranchipur.

Both will probably end up with TT.