What's new

Does Fox have any catalog titles scheduled for the 4th quarter? (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Fox seems to have stopped releasing catalog titles after their Marilyn Monroe sets this month. Is anything planned for the rest of the year? What happened to "Cleopatra" or the Rodgers and Hammerstein films? Are these still coming? MGM also seems to have stopped releasing catalogtitles lately, yet reports claim gatalog blu-ray sales are up

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I kind of had my heart set on the Rodgers and Hammerstein films for September, but there has been no announcement, so I guess they're not coming then after all (at least not in Region 1).

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I had the same thoughts. It would be nice to be looking forward to-HELLO DOLLY--STAR--DOCTOR DOLITTLE--AGONY AND ECTASYor THE BLUE MAX before the year ends.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
trajan said:
I had the same thoughts. It would be nice to be looking forward to-HELLO DOLLY--STAR--DOCTOR DOLITTLE--AGONY AND ECTASYor THE BLUE MAX before the year ends.
I believe that you should be looking at Twilight Time for 'some' of these titles...

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm hoping for Region 1 Blu's for FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (1965) and VON RYAN'S EXPRESS. From the 1980's, I'd like to see 8 MILLION WAYS TO DIE. Can't think of any other Fox titles I want.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by cineMANIAC /t/322774/does-fox-have-any-catalog-titles-scheduled-for-the-4th-quarter#post_3957670
I'm hoping for Region 1 Blu's for FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (1965) and VON RYAN'S EXPRESS. From the 1980's, I'd like to see 8 MILLION WAYS TO DIE. Can't think of any other Fox titles I want.
Von Ryan's Express is available on BD from Fox's French division...I have a region-free pressing from Amazon's website there on its way to me now!!!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The delayed North American edition of Titanic (1953) has supposedly been pushed back to Q4 to coincide with the Cameron blu-ray. However, I'm not sure that counts since it already had a UK release. Like Universal's Harvey blu-ray, it should emerge eventually.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
lukejosephchung said:
Von Ryan's Express is available on BD from Fox's French division...I have a region-free pressing from Amazon's website there on its way to me now!!!:tu:
Thanks! Headed there now to grab a copy.
EDIT: I didn't see a Translate option on the French Amazon site. Something was preventing me from completing the transaction so I couldn't get it - still hoping the U.S will get a Blu-ray soon. No reason why it shouldn't.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Looking at the German bit of blu-ray.com I see two 50's Fox movies are being released in Germany in a couple of months, Desk Set & The Rains Of Ranchipur.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Billy Batson said:
Looking at the German bit of blu-ray.com I see two 50's Fox movies are being released in Germany in a couple of months, Desk Set & The Rains Of Ranchipur.
Both will probably end up with TT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks