-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

A lot of catalog titles on June 5th!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,358 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 04 2012 - 09:49 PM

There is at least 4-5 titles I'll probably end of buying sometime.

Blood Work (Warner)

Cocktail (Disney)

The Color of Money (Disney)

A Perfect World (Warner)

Ransom (Disney)

Scent of a Woman (Universal)

Sea of Love (Universal)

U.S. Marshals (Warner)

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#2 of 8 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,849 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 05 2012 - 12:29 AM

Blood Work, finally! One of Eastwood's better latter-day films IMO. And Ransom, a terrific film. Disney released the film twice on DVD, both times with only letterboxed transfers. Cocktail was announced as an SE reissue but it never happened. Here's hoping all of these will sport fresh HD transfers.

#3 of 8 JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,839 posts

Posted March 05 2012 - 05:32 AM

Wasn't WHV supposed to release 30 to 40 catalog titles on blu in 2012? So far the pace has been a little slow. Does anyone have any guesses what they are up to?

#4 of 8 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,849 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 05 2012 - 05:38 AM

Wasn't WHV supposed to release 30 to 40 catalog titles on blu in 2012? So far the pace has been a little slow. Does anyone have any guesses what they are up to?

Probably changed their minds in favor of dumping everything on MOD. I've never seen a sorrier state of affairs concerning home video than the one we're in now.

#5 of 8 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,041 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted March 05 2012 - 03:20 PM

A couple of nice titles but nothing I need to own. Blood work never did anything for me, the villain was too easy to figure out. I like Ransom but it's more a rental at this point. Scent is probably he best one for me but not much replay for me there.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 8 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,132 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 05 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'll pick up The Color of Money and A Perfect World.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#7 of 8 Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,466 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted March 06 2012 - 07:14 AM

I'll probably pick up the Eastwoods and The Color Of Money when the price is right (e.g., under $10)

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#8 of 8 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,127 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 06 2012 - 07:16 AM

The Color of Money, for sure.  Only ever saw it once, when it came out.  It'll be great to have both that and The Hustler on BLU.