238 replies to this topic

#1 of 239 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,556 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:22 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

ONLY ONE NAME DEFINES THE ULTIMATE HERO…

ONLY ONE FORMAT DELIVERS THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE…

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THE COMPLETE INDIANA JONES

FILM COLLECTION COMES TO BLU-RAY!

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (February 29, 2012) – The man with the hat is back – and looking better than ever! The world’s favorite globe-trotting archaeologist is, at long last, embarking on his greatest adventure – when The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection will be excavated in the fall of 2012 and will include all four of Indy’s thrilling adventures, using the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation – along with a “best of” collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and a few new surprises.

About Paramount Home Media Distribution

Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.  PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.  The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.  PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Lucasfilm, Indiana Jones™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd.  All rights reserved.  All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 239 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,487 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:27 AM

Great. A double-dip for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

#3 of 239 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,756 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:29 AM

I'll be waiting for the inevitable price drop on this one.

#4 of 239 MattBradley

MattBradley

Stunt Coordinator

• 150 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:36 AM

"a few new surprises" - hmm...
What is understood need not be discussed.

#5 of 239 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,782 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:36 AM

I don't know if I'd bet on it but I'd be surprised if there isn't a set with 3 movies and another set with all 4.

#6 of 239 bgart13

bgart13

Supporting Actor

• 881 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:43 AM

I hope they release a version sans CRYSTAL SKULL...

#7 of 239 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,782 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:50 AM

If a 4 movie set is in the only choice, I'll gripe because I already have Crystal Skull. Although Crystal Skull or no Crystal Skull, Temple Of Doom will still be the worst movie in that set. I know it gets a pass but except for nostalgia, I don't understand how anyone thinks Temple Of Doom is a better movie than Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

#8 of 239 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,756 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 29 2012 - 05:53 AM

I can't imagine two sets, it will be all four films.

#9 of 239 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,608 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 06:05 AM

I can't imagine two sets, it will be all four films.

Yeah, I'm sure they won't release a 'complete' box set, and another alternate set to please people that already own KOTCS. I'm not bitching about this bundle, because I enjoy almost all the films. Now if Universal would just give us some details on JAWS......I'm absolutely dying to know if they are going to make that a four film collection.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#10 of 239 David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 06:32 AM

I specifically held off getting KOTCS when I started purchasing Blu-Rays last year because by then, the rumors of an IJ set had started. I did post in one of the other threads that I hoped there would be different configurations - a three film set, a four film set, and also separate releases. Obviously, the middle option has been confirmed. I also posted my thoughts about packaging - I personally like consistency, and don't like digipacks (or digibooks). So, four matching BR cases, or one multi-disc BR case would be my preference. And, of course, I hope that all the current 'extras' are ported over. David

#11 of 239 dpippel

dpippel

HTF Premium Member

• 3,160 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

I know it gets a pass but except for nostalgia, I don't understand how anyone thinks Temple Of Doom is a better movie than Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

I think that Temple of Doom plays like Citizen Kane compared to Crystal Skull. Posted Image To each their own...

That being said, I'll drink the Kool-Aid when this set is released and spring for it. I mean really, how could I *not* own Indy on Blu-ray?

Careful man, there's a beverage here!

#12 of 239 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,860 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted February 29 2012 - 07:10 AM

I got rid of the Star Wars DVD set in anticipation of the Blu-ray release - I'm not making the same mistake with Indy. For the moment, a 'best of" collection of documentaries to me means they're editing existing docs and putting together new featurettes featuring highlights of the best parts of those docs. I'm not saying this is what they're doing but I'm not taking any chances.

#13 of 239 Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,120 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 07:22 AM

I think that Temple of Doom plays like Citizen Kane compared to Crystal Skull.

Seconded.
Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#14 of 239 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,782 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 07:41 AM

I think that Temple of Doom plays like Citizen Kane compared to Crystal Skull. :D  To each their own...

Keep in mind that I'm not saying that Crystal Skull is particularly great, I'm saying that Temple Of Doom is even less great. :) That being said, even if I don't think the second and fourth ones are that great, they still have fun parts and Harrison Ford is so good that he makes up for most of the movies' shortcomings.

#15 of 239 RobertR

RobertR

Lead Actor

• 9,493 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 07:45 AM

I honestly only want the first one. I'll wait for the set to be available at a LOW price, then sell the others.

#16 of 239 Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 07:51 AM

I honestly only want the first one. I'll wait for the set to be available at a LOW price, then sell the others.

They'll probably do individual releases after a year or so.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#17 of 239 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,795 posts

Posted February 29 2012 - 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by MattBradley 

"a few new surprises" - hmm...

I take that to mean the theatrical cuts of the Star Wars films will be included.

Posted Image

#18 of 239 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,081 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 29 2012 - 08:41 AM

Great. A double-dip for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Not for me.
facebook.com/whotony

#19 of 239 mikeyhitchfan

mikeyhitchfan

Second Unit

• 458 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa CA

Posted February 29 2012 - 09:56 AM

I'll buy if they lower the price to maybe $50. I agree that #'s 2 and 4 stink. I saw 2 in '84 and new it back then.

#20 of 239 Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 349 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted February 29 2012 - 10:03 AM

Well, I've got #4 already, but I will double dip this time to get 1-3. What a pain.
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users