Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race 20

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
117 replies to this topic

#1 of 118 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,182 posts

Posted January 25 2012 - 04:48 AM

While the premiere is still more than 3 weeks away (starts on February 19th), the cast list has been put here.

Hard to believe that it will have been 20 seasons. And hoping for 20 more after that. Posted Image

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October
Feature Films Watched - 2012 (97 seen) / 2013 (100 seen)
Shorts Watched - 2012 (222 seen) / 2013 (87 seen)

Books Read - 2013 (12 read)

#2 of 118 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,281 posts

Posted January 25 2012 - 04:51 AM

Wow. Just came here to post this and you beat me by 2 minutes.

Thank you for posting this information

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 118 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,182 posts

Posted January 25 2012 - 05:25 AM

No problem. I guess we are both really looking forward to the upcoming season. Posted Image

Even more so in my case, after seeing this promo.

Posted Image

TV Episodes Watched - 2009 (1419 ep) / 2010 (1367 ep) / 2011 (1509 ep) / 2012 (1440 ep) / 2013 (1191 ep) / 2014 - October

#4 of 118 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 03 2012 - 06:33 AM

Rachel - - Number one elimination or watch out for the knife in your back. She's an evil, lying, user of a bitch. She may flash her eyelasheses and flirt, but I hope all other players catch on quickly to what she really is and she gets booted quickly.
Stan

#5 of 118 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 06 2012 - 05:13 PM

Forgot to add that whiny voice Rachel has, that alone should get her voted off. Her boyfriend may help keep her around, but the the men vs. women teams, hard to say if he'll have much to say in saving her. Next in line will probably be the skank in the sleazy clothes. She wears that to Surviror? There's a fine line between being feminine and attractive and coming off as a slut. She has crossed that line. Good luck in the challanges, especially if they're physical in any way. She may have her butt hanging halfway out, but I don't see her getting far,. Maybe if she were on the men's team the may fall for it, but for the women, I think she's history. It would be cool to see the "little person" win, but I'm afraid he won't be able to handle the physical challenges. Male Model is in great shape physically, so should have no problem with challenges. All comes down to the social game and brain power during puzzles. H'e my current winner, but I'm afraid the rest of the tribe will turn on him because of his physical ability. But every game is different, who could possibly predicted that blond from last season would win so many Redemption Island challenges Looking forward to this season, finaly stirred things up a bit rather than just repeating previous game.
Stan

#6 of 118 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted February 06 2012 - 07:18 PM

Are you talking about Survivor or Amazing Race? Do you know this Rachel person?

#7 of 118 OFFLINE   rosebud

rosebud

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 06 2012 - 09:00 PM

I would LOVE to do the Amazing Race, it would be scuh an incredible experience. I had no idea there have been 20 serieses, I think I have only seen a few of them. Would be great to see an exotic location for free as well (I am not suggesting I would win! Infact I think I would freak out at the suggetion of any skydiving) well done for the programme!

#8 of 118 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationNY Capital Region

Posted February 07 2012 - 05:21 AM

Definitely looking forward to the new seasons of Race and Survivor.

#9 of 118 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,182 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 06:13 AM

I thought Rachel was on Big Brother (from what I read), which I don't watch at all. But judging from what Stan and others have said about her, she sounds like she could be the most unbearable female racer of all-time.

#10 of 118 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,848 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 07:52 AM

Rachel killed my enjoyment of Big Brother last season.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#11 of 118 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 09:03 AM

Are you talking about Survivor or Amazing Race? Do you know this Rachel person?

There may have been a Rachel on Survivor, I don't recall, but she's definitely on Big Brother. The Rachel I'm mentioning is paired with her husband from Big Brother. Fairly sure her husband was on the show also. I don't know her, but I know her type. She's bitchy, whiny and a conniving liar when she wants something. There is another Rachel on the show, she's blond, not the redheaded version of the witch I'm writing about. Patarick Sun said it best in the post above mine "Rachel killed my enjoyment of Big Brother last season" Let's hope she gets eliminated early and doesn't ruin Amazing Race, one of my favorite shows.
Stan

#12 of 118 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted February 07 2012 - 07:25 PM

I'm confused because you make several specific Survivor related comments, and this is the TAR thread.

Originally Posted by Stan 

Forgot to add that whiny voice Rachel has, that alone should get her voted off.

Next in line will probably be the skank in the sleazy clothes. She wears that to Surviror?[...] Good luck in the challanges, especially if they're physical in any way. [...] Maybe if she were on the men's team the may fall for it, but for the women, I think she's history.
All comes down to the social game and brain power during puzzles.

#13 of 118 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 08 2012 - 05:55 AM

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm only referring to TAR. Several other people have brought up Survivor so I guess I got a little criss-crossed. The Rachel I'm speaking of is definitely on TAR with hubby to be Brendon. If eliminated it will obviously be as a team, not an individual contestant. As mentioned above, she's the redhead Rachel, not the blond with husband Dave. As for the woman in the sleazy outfits and her partner. Can't place her in the publicity photos but might possibly be Kerry, hard to tell. Maybe she was just showing some attitude and a little skin for the island photo shoot to psych out some of the competition. My current favorites seem to be the personal trainer and the club promoter, Joey and Danny. Physically they should be able to do just about anything this race throws their way, but miss a cab, misread a clue or map and you're out, so anything could happen to them and cause them to lose. By the same reasoning, just plain dumb luck could cause a flaky, barely functioning team to get a huge lead and win. By far my favorite show, so really looking forward to this. Completely off the subject, but is there any type of spell-check for postings? I post a lot with just the television on, so there are occasional typos that get through. I thought there was a spell-check in the past when I used to post, but it has been a while, so maybe things have changed.
Stan

#14 of 118 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 12 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just a brief update to Walter's original post, 20th season of The Amazing Race starts in a week, Sunday February 19th. Looking forward to this. Heavily edited as is Survivor, possibly even manipulated in somewhat unfair terms (like the lost passport at the gas station last season). Probably trying to get us to root for whomever the producers want to win, but overall a lot of fun to watch. Just guessing, but I imagine the interview process is pretty lengthy. When they let Evil Dick and his slutty daughter onto Big Brother a few years ago, think they lost a lot of viewers and doubt they'll ever let that happen again. The Rachel-Brendon team is also a gamble, but I think people enjoyed the Jeff-Jordan team from BB a few seasons back, so may be worth the risk. Although in my humble opinion the Rachel-Brendon team won't go far. Sorry for my earlier mixups mentioning characters from Survivor and TAR at the same time. I'm temporarily on some heavy pain meds from a shoulder surgery, so brain doesn't function quite as well as it should yet. Anyhow, just watch for a woman with long red hair, she's the Rachel you'll grow to hate. I'm guessing most of the other players will recognize her as a Big Brother winner, and will go out of their way to get rid of her and Brendon. He seems genuinely nice and quite intelligent (Ph.D.student at UCLA involved in cancer research). Rachel's big claim to fame when asked was "Just got off Big Brother". Surprisingly she's got a B.S. in Chemistry, something I never would have guessed. After the Chem degree, her next best accomplishment is a magazine cover with Steven Tyler. Wow what a ditz Just read that Brendon was also on Big Brother twice, obviously not winning, but must have aligned with Rachel in some way for her to win the second time around. As Patrick Sun mentioned above, "Rachel killed my enjoyment of Big Brother last season". I saw her on the previous season and even then couldn't stand her, who knows how she made it onto a seond sesaon, which I passed on. Let's hope she and Brendon don't survive long enough to ruin TAR. I'm personally getting a little bored with the "stunt" casting of winners and players of other shows popping up. Wish they'd all get back to picking complete unknowns. These type of shows are more fun that way, and we also don't end up with a pile of pseudo-celebrities like Rob and Amber or the mouthy bitch from The View, but I guess ratings always win so as long as it works, we're stuck.
Stan

#15 of 118 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,182 posts

Posted February 13 2012 - 12:56 AM

Here's hoping the other teams are likeable enough to make this season watchable, and that they visit some really awesome places around the world.

#16 of 118 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 13 2012 - 04:08 PM

For those of you with Dish Network, Amazing Race still has the same name, so my DVR is already set to go from last season. If however you also want to catch Survivor, better reprogram things because now it's called Survivor: One World. It starts in three days if anyone on this forum even cares anymore.. Odd we don't even have a Survivor thread at this point. I for one won't be making any more mistaken comments here, even though I seem to have mixed Survivor and TAR together unknowingly.. TAR all the way. Easily one of my favorite and best made shows ever done. You can easily miss a few weeks of Survivor and hardly notice. Not with TAR, it's to exciting. I missed the Australia episode last season, due to DVR problems and still regret it. Will be much more careful this time around and keep TAR episodes protected with higher priority than others so they don't get skipped..
Stan

#17 of 118 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,281 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 01:18 PM

Great start to the new season.  One of the most unfortunate

endings to a leg of a race.

Maybe I am wrong, but most of the contestants seem more

athletically able than past seasons.

Haven't picked a favorite yet, but Mark and Bopper need to go.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#18 of 118 OFFLINE   Walter C

Walter C

Screenwriter

• 2,182 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 01:45 PM

Glad to see the show back.

With a task at the starting line, I can only assume this will be permanent thing, since it will always be in the LA area. And I have to say, I actually thought this was a good one for a change, with a needle-in-a-haystack challenge right at the start, though it would have been unlikely a team would miss their flight out of the US. Also glad that they skipped just about all of the stuff at LAX, and went straight to the 1st half of teams arriving in Salta.

Also, an interesting twist on the Roadblock, with the team not doing it, actually has to skydive. And I would think when signing up for the race, racers have to do some preparations ahead of time, like learning to drive a stick.

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

Great start to the new season.  One of the most unfortunate

endings to a leg of a race.

I know, just so hard to believe to see it happen. Even the look on Phil's face told it all. Probably one of the saddest eliminations in race history, as they overcame some major setbacks along the way, and aced the empanadas challenge. All for nothing.

Also, with Rachel & Dave winning the Express Pass, I guess that means they will make it to the Final 3, assuming the trend from previous seasons continues.

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

Haven't picked a favorite yet, but Mark and Bopper need to go.

Me either, as it's still too early to tell. Team Big Brother has not made it to my hate list, yet. But I get the vibe that they will be more like Alison (season 5) than Jeff & Jordan (season 16).

And Bopper - that's a name I won't be forgetting. Posted Image

#19 of 118 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,614 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 07:29 PM

- Face palm on the Phil-imination. I mean, wow. My wife was happy, tho. She didn't like them for some reason.

- Rooting for Dave and Rachel for now, only because they're from Madison WI, and I loved it when I lived there.

- Joey and Danny are lining up to be my Team-To-Hate. They came off as douchebags in their pre-race segment.

#20 of 118 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,641 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted February 20 2012 - 06:30 AM

The Clowns using rolled luggage, I don't see them lasting terribly long.... Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life