What's new

...and the Universal classics keep coming on Blu-ray in the U.K.!! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You Brits are getting a good deal on the Universal classics, ones that have (so far) not been announced as included in the big 100th anniversary bash. These include: THE LOST WEEKEND & DOUBLE INDEMNITY on top of the already released (and gorgeous) SILENT RUNNING and TOUCH OF EVIL. All are Masters of Cinema releases, who are the Criterion of the U.K. A couple are in steel book form. LIFEBOAT is also coming from them. I do not know if Universal released that one overseas, but Fox released it domestically. A ton of great stuff, anyhow. These and scores of other great films not available here yet make the owning of a region-free Blu player absolutely essential.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Ah, but we're getting completely ignored by Paramount for their Centenary, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, I realize there are many releases in Region 1 that you haven't access to yet, so I suppose it balances out. I just wish they'd dump this region bullshit once and for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks