What's new

Chuck - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yay, I get to start the new Chuck thread (unless someone already started one). It starts back up tonight opposite World Series BASEketball. Maybe that'll drive some Fringe viewers who aren't into sports to Chuck!

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
Not a Chuck fan, grandkids love it. I gotta ask... when I glanced at it I was shocked at the picture quality. Our local NBC affiliate here always has pristine quality even with it's METV sub channel. Chuck looked horrible! I was simply curious if it was me or was the network feed sub-par?

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Good grief how in the world did the network let that acronym pass the sensors? That was great.

I enjoyed the episode and will be sad to see the show end.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Chuck has always had mediocre to decent image quality, never great. I think the last few Blu-ray releases I've only given them a 3.5/5 on video.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Very interesting way to play with the expectations from last season's finale. It opens on the balcony of a mansion, which we automatically assume is Chuck and Sarah's new place. And by the end, Chuck is barely in a better place financially than he's ever been. Luke Skywalker looks like Meatloaf now. I wish I could remember the Dekker stuff a little better. I know he took away the Intersect from Chuck, but little else. I may need to rewatch the end of last season's finale, especially since he's going to be Chuck's chief nemesis apparently.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the premiere quite a bit, because it really showcased Chuck's other, non-Intersect talents. I like him as the Hannibal of this little A-Team. Presumably he'll get the Intersect back before the series finale, and presumably there's more that makes him dangerous than just the Intersect, or Dekker wouldn't be after him so hard. And no PQ complaints here.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The ratings for the premiere hit a series low. I'm so happy that the entire finale season is in the can, so I don't have to worry about getting cut off midstream any more.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's good NBC isn't suddenly on fire, or there'd be the danger of them pulling it early. I guess the Blu-Rays would come out in that case. At any rate, wait until next week. Bayball definitely had an effect. I'm still thinking Chuck can pull out another season as dire as things are at the Peacock. ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sorry. But, Chuck and not Morgan needs to have the intersect. Chuck always was smart and could do things...He did go to Stamford. He became mainly the way he was by incidents in his life that knocked him back. Morgan is Morgan. One step up from Jeff & Lester. On a side note. Anyone else think at the end of the series Chuck's dad will reappear. Yes, I know he was shot and appeared dead.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I think so. Especially now that Bakula doesn't have a regular show. :f :f Chuck should be the only one with the Intersect, but I think it's just temporary. A big focus for now will be Chuck trying to get it back, though with only 12 episodes left, they need to do it sooner rather than later. Then again, I don't as much mind the switch.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The thing about putting the intersect in Morgan, is that it's a way of showing that Chuck was more than just the intersect. He saved the day in the premiere by using his other skill sets. That being said, he's definitely got to get the intersect back by the series finale. Something tells me it might not be completely eradicated from his brain, or Dekker wouldn't still be spending so much time trying to destroy him.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, it seems pretty clear from tonight's episode that they're going with the idea that most people's brains can't handle the intersect angle that they have talked about a little in the past, and it'll end up back in Chuck soon.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm really enjoying seeing how far Chuck has coming, that he's pretty competent without the Intersect. I love that Morgan does all of these fancy acrobatics in the convenience store, and then Chuck just walks up and socks the guy in the jaw. I'm wondering if the glasses Intersect left for Chuck was really a poison pill engineered by Dekker to incapacitate Chuck, and Chuck dodged a bullet when Morgan picked up the glasses.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ratings dropped even without the WS. I hope we get the full season. I was thinking, "If canceled early, at least we'll get them on Blu," but not if it's ended before they're filmed. Fortunately, NBC doesn't seem to have some magical show waiting to take its place.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NBC is committed to filming all of the episodes. The episode count for season order was determined based on what would make the most attractive syndication package for affiliates. The writers just started work on the series finale, so my guess is they're not too far off from the end of shooting anyway.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Cool. Are they committed to airing them? I assume they will, but at least we're back to seeing them in some form or another either way.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if there's a contractual commitment, but we're talking about the least watched broadcast network on the least watched night of television aside from Saturdays. The only way they pull it is if they're worried about it hurting Grimm as a lead-in. The only way they don't air them all is if they think unaired episodes will sell DVDs, much like Fox did with "Firefly". I'd guess probably a 75-80 percent chance we see "Chuck" finish its run Fridays at 8 PM.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not sure how I feel about this season. It's...ok...sort of... I think Chuck's melange of irony-free sincerity, silliness, inferior fight scenes, and man-boys made for a brilliant and fresh first season, but has evolved little since.

This season was settling in for "surf the web as I watch in the corner of my eye" background until Morgan forgot who Indiana Jones was. Now this is interesting. The sort of hook I was thinking was needed; the idea that Morgan had settled in to the Intersect too easily compared to Chuck's four years of difficulties. So this might be good plot uptick.

I like Carrie Ann Moss, but I don't think Vanderbilt will top Volkoff Industries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks