What's new

HDMI cable problem/question (1 Viewer)

sr41056

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Hi, I'm new here and I hope I'm posting my question in the right place. The living room of my new house has the perfect area for my flat panel tv above the fireplace (which I won't be using) with a built in shelving unit next to it for my blu-ray player, cable box, etc. and an empty conduit going through the wall between the two. My problem is that the conduit is only 1/2", not large enough to get a standard HDMI cable through it. I came up with an idea that hasn't worked. I purchased a 10ft. HDMI cable (the perfect length) that has a type A standard male HDMI plug at one end and a type D male Micro HDMI connector at the other. I got it through the conduit easily enough, the standard type A connector on the TV side and the type D micro HDMI connectgor on the component side. I then placed an adapter that has a female Type D on one side and a standard Type A on the other and plugged it into my blu-ray player. The TV gets a signal when I power up the blu-ray player...I get the start up screen but then it goes blank. I tried it again with another cable, same specs, different manufacturer but with the same adapter. Same problem. I then took both cables and the adapter to a friend's house and replaced his working standard cable between his Comcast cable box and lcd tv. Something similar happened. When powered up the station guide works but when you select a station a message comes on the screen that says 'HDMI signal blocked'. This happened with both cables. Here are the specs for the cable: High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet, Type A to D Micro M / M , 10FT, V2. Connect your portable DVs, Cameras, Game Consoles to your HDTV with a true HD connection. Cable constructed using the high quality material for best contact connection between HDMI equipment. Fully compatible with High Speed HDMI with Ethernet specification (Version 1.4) Fully HDCP compliant to provide highest level of signal quality. A superb cable with excellent audio-visual transfer properties that deliver signal without compromising purity and balance. Suggested Applications: HDTVs, HD DVs, Cameras, Game Consoles with HDMI and HDMI Type D Micro Connectors Features: Gold-plated connectors for highest signal transfer rate and resistance in corrosion Large gauge PVC jacket provides maximum shielding against wear and tear and extreme temperatures Reinforced quad-layer braided shielding and Mylar-foil shielding provides utmost protection against RF and EM interference Molded strain-relief design lessens plug/socket pressure Designed to meet all HDMI standards Supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p resolution I know the obvious answer might be that I should try another adapter. Before I go to any further expense I would like to know if this set-up should even work or not. I'm not very tech savvy. Should an HDMI cable with a male type A connector at one end and a male type D connector at the other end, in conjunction with an adapter with a female type D on one side and a male type A on the other side be able to replace a standard m/m HDMI cable. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I don't know anything about the type of adapter you're describing but it sounds to me that something is getting lost at the "D" to "A" point and this just may not work. I'm sure you don't want to hear that and maybe some HDMI guru can correct me. I hope so. Good luck.

iphone000

Auditioning
Real Name
dsasad
You know!!!!! I just bought on the Internet wholesale iphone4S has used the mobile operating system IOS 5, it will give users into more than 200 new features and functions strengthened, especially in IOS 5 after major revision of the notification system. Whether very attractive ah, that get a move on, click here http://www.apple2010.com you will see the cheap iPhone4S!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks