What's new

No HDMI ARC port (1 Viewer)

Rickilinn

Auditioning
Real Name
Ricki
Hello and Good evening.
I have a situation in which I am completely unfamiliar. Now, background info.
I have a Sony STR-DG800 (yes, I know it's old. it works fine) and a Vizio E552VL (yes, its old also).
Neither the Sony or the Vizio is equipped with a HDMI ARC port. This port is needed for the cable box to send sound through the Sony, instead of the Vizio speakers.
My question, How do I do this?? Do I buy a HDMI ARC adapter? If so, does anyone know what kind?? I am electronically challenged, so I haven't a clue. :)
I have contacted my cable company to no avail. They will not assist me. My previous cable company equipment worked just fine with my TV and Receiver. The new Cable company, not even close.
How do I connect my Vizio to my Sony so that the cable box will send the sound to my receiver instead of the tv speakers?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You connect the cable box to an hdmi input on the receiver, then connect the hdmi output to an input on the TV. That’s how they’re designed to be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks