-

Photo
- - - - -

NCIS season 9 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,757 posts

Posted September 20 2011 - 06:48 AM

NCIS continues to sail through with solid rating, even against reality TV offerings. It returns for its 9th season on CBS in the 8 p.m. EDT timeslot tonight.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 14 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted September 20 2011 - 02:37 PM

I was not thrilled with the season opener. It did set up what appears to be a season-long story arc for the "Mystery Eight."

#3 of 14 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted September 21 2011 - 01:34 AM

I really enjoyed the season premiere.  I thought it was a good take on a classic drama cliche, backed by a good performance from Michael Weatherly.  I liked that it dispensed with the "secret mission" stoyline instead of dragging it out over the entire season ("oh...who is Tony hiding secrets from this week...") while at the same time giving it some obvious impact for the season.

Strong beginning.

#4 of 14 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted December 15 2011 - 08:37 AM

How has NCIS' ninth season been doing since the season premiere on CBS (stories, writing)?

#5 of 14 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 15 2011 - 09:01 AM

The show is still riding high in terms of the public; ratings are at the same level or a bit higher, and this after almost a decade on the air - very impressive.

I did not like the long story arc Port-to-Port killer last season and felt its denouement was one of the weakest in the entire history of the show. I was dismayed to read that in the second half of this season, a new killer will be introduced to last through the remainder of the year off-and-on during the season. That is not especially encouraging to me, but maybe they'll do a better job with this fiend.

Overall, I've enjoyed the season up to now. Palmer's wedding will be this spring, and his impending marriage has seemed to strike chords in some of the other people on the show as well making them comtemplate serious relationships. No telling who will be next.

#6 of 14 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,743 posts

Posted December 15 2011 - 09:59 AM

Still enjoying the chemistry of the cast which is primarily why I view N.C.I.S. The interrogation scene with the cookie lie detector test was pretty amusing; especially DiNozzo's open mocking of the detainee "digits" :) I would agree that the serial story line of last season was one of the weaker story arcs in the show's history and hopefully this season will offer improvements. I assume that the show will eventually get back to the story arc involving Scott Wolf's character that was introduced in S9E01. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#7 of 14 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted December 16 2011 - 08:30 AM

Season 9 premieres in the UK on FX in January. Have up to the seventh season on Region 2 (the eighth season should follow around next June/July). Finally got the two-part JAG episode which introduced NCIS, a while back (JAG's eighth season DVD set).

Have there been any additions to the main cast title sequence since the seventh season of NCIS, as there was a new actor on the 3D front cover for the eighth season set (source: TVShowsOnDVD news article with the 3D front cover artwork).

#8 of 14 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 16 2011 - 08:41 AM

No. no additions to the main cast title sequence since Rocky Carroll was added. Brian Dietzen is still relegated to "Also Starring" status after the main titles.

#9 of 14 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 08:51 AM

What was NCIS' 200th episode like earlier this month, story and writing-wise?

#10 of 14 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,743 posts

Posted February 28 2012 - 10:04 AM

The 200th episode features an event that triggers a series of flashbacks involving Gibbs' perspective on key moments in his life and that of the team and explorations of several alternate pathways that might have occurred if events and decisions had unfolded in different manners. The show features cameos by a variety of former and sometimes guest stars that have played a role in Gibb's life - such as Franks and Fornell, and many others. I liked it quite a bit and enjoyed the alternate pathway segments. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#11 of 14 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,104 posts

Posted July 25 2012 - 04:01 AM

How did NCIS' ninth season end story-quality-wise? Remember reading I think on Digital Spy that the ratings were strong for the end of the season, getting around 18-19 million viewers.

The eighth season of NCIS is released in the UK on Region 2 next Monday.

#12 of 14 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 30 2012 - 09:06 AM

As the predictable "everyone's in peril" cliffhanger. Not one of the better seasons as they moved heaven and earth to make Jamie Lee Curtis' character Gibbs' equal (with a romantic storyline to boot), and I found her off-putting on the series. Others obviously disagreed as the ratings continued strong throughout the season: still CBS' top-ranked show.

#13 of 14 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 11:43 AM

I really enjoyed Jamie Lee Curtis' role, she and Harmon worked well together. The show has been on the air a long time. We get used to the characters and their personalities. Not saying there is anything wrong with the current cast but it's nice to mix it up a bit once in a while. Liked Jamie Lee Curtis much more than Rena Sofer or some of the other actors they've tried to bring in.
Stan

#14 of 14 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,554 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 02:51 PM

It's still one of my favorites, but I'm more with Matt than Stan regarding the Jamie Lee Curtis role.