Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Klipsch SW-350 purring??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 GarrettReid

GarrettReid

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted August 24 2011 - 07:03 PM

I've recently noticed a "purring" sound in my room. With no idea what it was I dismissed it. Well I was on the floor cleaning tonight and noticed it was coming from my SW-350 sub woofer. I haven't changed any settings lately, so I'm completely perplexed as to what is causing this purring noise. Another way to describe it would be like wind blowing into a microphone, or talking with someone who's in a very windy area. It happens with there's no sound being played as well. Thank you for any help.

#2 of 3 David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted August 25 2011 - 12:18 PM

Did you check it for cats? :D Could be a grounding problem. Try another outlet and see if it goes away. Also try removing the sub cable and see if it goes away.

#3 of 3 GarrettReid

GarrettReid

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted August 26 2011 - 07:40 AM

Did you check it for cats? :D Could be a grounding problem. Try another outlet and see if it goes away. Also try removing the sub cable and see if it goes away.

I figured it out haha. I was using my home theater as computer speakers. I had the receiver volume up pretty high (20~) and the computer volume very low, which resulted in really bad static and fuzziness from all the speakers actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users