Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Klipsch SW-350 purring??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   GarrettReid

GarrettReid

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted August 24 2011 - 07:03 PM

I've recently noticed a "purring" sound in my room. With no idea what it was I dismissed it. Well I was on the floor cleaning tonight and noticed it was coming from my SW-350 sub woofer. I haven't changed any settings lately, so I'm completely perplexed as to what is causing this purring noise. Another way to describe it would be like wind blowing into a microphone, or talking with someone who's in a very windy area. It happens with there's no sound being played as well. Thank you for any help.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted August 25 2011 - 12:18 PM

Did you check it for cats? :D Could be a grounding problem. Try another outlet and see if it goes away. Also try removing the sub cable and see if it goes away.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   GarrettReid

GarrettReid

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted August 26 2011 - 07:40 AM

Did you check it for cats? :D Could be a grounding problem. Try another outlet and see if it goes away. Also try removing the sub cable and see if it goes away.

I figured it out haha. I was using my home theater as computer speakers. I had the receiver volume up pretty high (20~) and the computer volume very low, which resulted in really bad static and fuzziness from all the speakers actually.