What's new

Klipsch SW-350 purring?? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Garrett Reid
I've recently noticed a "purring" sound in my room. With no idea what it was I dismissed it. Well I was on the floor cleaning tonight and noticed it was coming from my SW-350 sub woofer. I haven't changed any settings lately, so I'm completely perplexed as to what is causing this purring noise. Another way to describe it would be like wind blowing into a microphone, or talking with someone who's in a very windy area. It happens with there's no sound being played as well. Thank you for any help.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did you check it for cats? :D Could be a grounding problem. Try another outlet and see if it goes away. Also try removing the sub cable and see if it goes away.

Real Name
Garrett Reid
David Willow said:
Did you check it for cats? :D Could be a grounding problem. Try another outlet and see if it goes away. Also try removing the sub cable and see if it goes away.
I figured it out haha. I was using my home theater as computer speakers. I had the receiver volume up pretty high (20~) and the computer volume very low, which resulted in really bad static and fuzziness from all the speakers actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks