-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What receiver can I use for a Bose Acoustimass 7 and 3?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 prinzibe

prinzibe

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 06:30 AM

I just bought a house and with it came a Bose Acoustimass 7 and Acoustimass 3 system set up in one room and I don't know what receiver to use with it. The way it is set up is the Acoustimass 7 speakers (3- 2 cube speakers and 1 sub) are set up in the front of the room and the Acoustimass 3 system (2 speakers and 1 sub) are set up in the back of the room. How many channel receiver do I need to set this up? I would appreciate any input!

#2 of 2 JohnRice

JohnRice

Lead Actor

• 8,516 posts

Posted July 29 2011 - 10:54 AM

Any surround receiver with 5.1 or more channels will do. Don't spend much, because it will be wasted with Bose anyway. BTW, those "subs" really aren't subs. They are bass modules, which is a completely different thing. They are used to help compensate for the satellite speakers' complete absence of anything below upper midrange. They wire together with the satellites to make something equivalent to a regular bookshelf speaker. You can then add a REAL sub as well, typically in the front of the room. Hopefully the room is wired so that you can use regular speakers some day. I'd just go to newegg.com and pick up an Onkyo 509, or 309 if your really want to keep the cost low. That will serve you just fine. Then, I would definitely add a sub. You can usually get the BIC F-12 for $200 or less at parts-express.com or Amazon. It is a good budget choice.

The Hybrid System

The Music Part: Emotiva XSP-1, Thiel CS 3.6, Emotiva XPA-2, Marantz SA8004, Emotiva ERC-3, SVS PB-12 Plus 2

The Surround Part: Sherbourn PT-7030, Thiel SCS3, Emotiva XPA-5, Polk & Emotiva Surrounds.