Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Thor 2 opens on November 6, 2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted August 22 2012 - 12:06 PM

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Thor: The Dark World http://www.hollywood...e-agbaje-364867

He will play Algrim the Strong, one of the strongest of the Dark Elves and who is coerced to fight Thor at Malekith’s (Eccleston) behest

I don't believe in transcending the genre, I believe IN the genre - Joss Whedon

#22 of 141 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,894 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 22 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yes, Kat's role in the sequel is looking quite sizable. :D

#23 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 11:53 AM

New pictures from the set! Looks like Thor has a slightly modified outfit.

#24 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 01:22 PM

#25 of 141 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,894 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 11 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Thor's new outfit matches the Marvel NOW! redesign, but I don't have an eye for those things and don't know without directly comparing. Come to think of it, I think the Iron Man suit that has been confounding people may match the Marvel NOW! Iron Man as well.

#26 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 05:13 AM

I believe the outfit is a bit more in line with the traditional look with the gold rather than silver discs and the cape attached at the top discs.

#27 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted September 12 2012 - 05:15 AM

Here is a nice little video of filming on the set. It's the same scene from the pictures posted above. You can see a cool bit where Thor knocks a group of enemies back using a hammer smash to the ground. The lightening will, of course, be added in post. http://www.5min.com/...hor-2-517476878

#28 of 141 OFFLINE   Todd H

Todd H

Go Dawgs!

• 2,064 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted September 12 2012 - 07:30 AM

Looking good! Malekith...Algrim the strong...sounds like it may borrow from Walt Simonson's groundbreaking run on Thor.

#29 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted September 24 2012 - 01:19 PM

Richard Brake (Joe Chill from Batman Begins) and Clive Russell (Game of Thrones) have both been added to the cast Russel will play Tyr, the God of War. Another son of Odin, Tyr, in the comics, was the defender of Asgard before Thor took his place and harbors some jealously towards his brother.

#30 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted October 13 2012 - 03:35 AM

Marvel's official synopsis:

Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "Marvel's The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

#31 of 141 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,372 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted October 13 2012 - 05:19 AM

Confirmed cast so far: Chris Hemsworth, Thor Natalie Portman, Jane Foster Tom Hiddleston, Loki Stellan Skarsgård, Erik Selvig Idris Elba, Heimdall Christopher Eccleston, Malekith Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Algrim the Strong Kat Dennings, Darcy Lewis Ray Stevenson, Volstagg Zachary Levi, Fandral Tadanobu Asano, Hogun Jaimie Alexander, Sif Rene Russo, Frigga Anthony Hopkins, Odin

#32 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:32 PM

A bunch of on-set pictures from England out today. Basically just a reminder of how good his new suit looks. [IMG ALT=""]http://www.hometheaterforum.com/content/type/61/id/170016/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

#33 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 12:56 PM

Here's a neat little youtube video of Chris Hemsworth rehearsing a scene.

#34 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 07:43 AM

Tom Hiddleston talks about The Dark World

GQ.com: You're filming Thor: The Dark World at the moment - are you feeling more pressure after the success of Avengers? Tom Hiddleston: It's mostly self-applied pressure actually. I remember Chris [Hemsworth] and I saying over the summer when Avengers came out, where do we go now? Going into this one we were - very flatteringly - involved in big creative conversations about tone, and story. Thor and Loki are these two characters that people know and love and understand - so we have to take this in the right direction. You want to do something new - you don't want to re-heat the same recipe in the microwave, you want to cook up something different and exciting - but you don't want to lose the things that worked the first time. So we're our own slave drivers, in a way. Complacency is the enemy. But that's exciting and it's going well. I have never seen a group of actors or a crew work harder. How has Avengers influenced the rest of the Marvel franchises? Loki being Hulk smashed - you can't ignore that has happened. Yeah! [laughs] He's certainly eaten humble pie. The springboard for us in the second Thor film is at the end of Avengers you see Thor and Loki beamed up back to Asgard. The first question that we all asked was "what happens next? What does Odin have to say about the events of Avengers?" What's Jane Foster been up to while she wasn't involved?" It's really exciting, actually. We're literally half way through - we started at the start of August and we should be finished by Christmas. It's going beautifully.

#35 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted November 14 2012 - 08:01 AM

Here are set pictures of the Dark Elves and also our first look at Malekith! The Dark Elves' armor is really cool, especially their masks. Notice for filming of "Thursday Mourning" I'm really just loving the way this movie seems to be developing. I'm excitted about Iron Man 3, and the trailer looks great. But at this point I'm most excitted about Thor: The Dark World in Phase 2.

#36 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted November 16 2012 - 12:37 PM

Here is the filming of a fight between Thor and Malekith. There are tons of set videos out there, but this one is really cool. *edit* Sorry, "video has been removed by the user"

#37 of 141 OFFLINE   Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 02:04 PM

Didn't know how serious Jamie Alexander's injury was until I read this article.  Hope she's fully recovered to continue to kick ass as Sif.

http://www.darkhoriz...s-thor-2-injury

Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#38 of 141 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,885 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 03:14 PM

11 chipped vertebrae? Ouch!
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#39 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 11:12 AM

Yeah, that sounded like a really nasty fall. I cringed when she described all of her injuries. Chris Hemsworth was interviewed by MTV and had a few interesting things to say about The Dark World:

MTV: How is "Thor" going this time around? Hemsworth: We have six weeks to go to shoot. This is the trickiest bit, because you can go, "Oh, yeah, we're past the halfway mark!" which isn't a good idea, because you're not finished yet. You sort of get that second wind about now or you hope to and push on through. But it's been great. The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously. The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There's a definite "Game of Thrones" vibe thanks to [director] Alan [Taylor]. MTV: Have the relationships between Thor and Jane and Loki progressed significantly? Hemsworth: Definitely. For Thor and Jane, there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn't stop in and catch up with her in "Avengers." Thor might have some explaining to do in this one. MTV: I hadn't thought of that. Is Jane bitter that her boyfriend didn't bother to say hi during all that craziness? Hemsworth: [Laughs.] I know, right? Where the hell have you been? There's some fun to be had with that. And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that's come from "Thor" to "Avengers" to now.

http://www.mtv.com/n...nksgiving.jhtml

#40 of 141 OFFLINE   Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan

• 2,728 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 10:31 AM

Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje talks about Thor: The Dark World: http://splashpage.mt...aje-thor-kurse/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users