What's new

Recommend Thriller Episode? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

I recently subscribed to itunes, and I've found individual episodes of Thriller available. I've never seen the program, but I'd like to try one to get a taste of the program. Can you fans recommend an outstanding episode for me to try?

James

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I highly recommend "Pigeons from Hell" from Season 1, and watching it in a dark room with the lights turned off. You will be hearing a certain sound in your sleep after viewing it! :)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
To get a true taste of "Thriller," you'd have to sample two episodes, because the show was wildly variable. There were horror episodes -- and "Pigeons From Hell" is generally regarded as one of the very best of them -- and there were non-horror episodes, dealing with spies, espionage, detectives, etc. -- and they're generally regarded as boring clunkers.

The non-horror episodes often meet with the reaction the premiere episode of "Thriller" received from the critic of the New York Times on September 14, 1960: "A preposterous hour-long mystery -- silly in its narrative construction, unpleasant in its tone and cumbersome in its production -- served last night to introduce a series entitled 'Thriller' ... (it) made one yearn for the towering literary feats of yesteryear's Grade B films."

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
"The Devil's Ticket" is your ticket. Classic Robert Bloch deal-with-the-Devil story, good acting (MacDonald Carey), perfect pacing, and fun twist at the end.

I've watched all the first season and several of the second in the last few weeks on DVD, and this one is my favorite so far.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There are many good episodes that i would recommend, like the following

1. Guillotine

2. hungry glass

3. Big Blackout

4. Fatal Impulse

There are many good episodes!!

Thriller has held up good considering that it is almost 50 years old. TV today could learn somthing from these shows!!!

Charles H

Screenwriter
Anything with Edward Andrews: PINOCLE FOR THREE, A GOOD IMAGINATION, COUSIN TUNDIFER, and ROSE'S LAST SUMMER, THE MERRIWEATHER FILE, AN ATTRACTIVE FAMILY

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Charles H

Anything with Edward Andrews: PINOCLE FOR THREE, A GOOD IMAGINATION, COUSIN TUNDIFER, and ROSE'S LAST SUMMER, THE MERRIWEATHER FILE, AN ATTRACTIVE FAMILY

Hey Charles,

There are so many episodes, it is hard to pinpoint the top episodes. I never seen the show before i bought the set. I am glad that i have the set and it only spikes my interest with watching my night gallery set (s1/s2). They sure do not make tv shows like this anymore!.

Hollywood could learn somethings about past by reviewing shows like Thriller. Just imagine how you could improve shows with todays technology.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
[COLOR= #0000cd]My vote is for "The Incredible Dr. Markesan," which Karloff stars in as well as hosts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000cd]Mike S.[/COLOR]

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Pigeons From Hell, The Hungry Glass, The Grim Reaper, The Cheaters and The Purple Room are the five that I would recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks