Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout! Factory TV Shows Thread

Shout Factory

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#81 of 266 OFFLINE   vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 02:10 AM

No, there isn't. Unless sales pick up, and Shout's relationship with Fox is in good standing again. And don't expect Fox themselves to finish it, there's no way in the world is Fox gonna finish what Shout started. Not no way, not know how. Finally, you already answered your own question: http://www.hometheat...80#post_3842228
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

#82 of 266 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 02:36 AM

Sure is great news about those cop shows coming next year, especially Police Woman and SWAT! Currently enjoying the Police Story release very much, every cop show fan and every home cop or not should have it.

#83 of 266 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted October 17 2011 - 06:40 AM

Not sure How I missed this! I have been wanting more POLICE WOMAN forever! I bought Season 1 the day it was released Was it back in 2002? It feels like it haha

Will let a few friends know about SWAT S 2 Also.

Originally Posted by cliff mac 

Just season one, if sales are good, you'll see more seasons.
ADAM 12 Season 6 will be out in January.
And for some more news.... coming in 2012... Police Woman S2, The Rookies S2 and S.W.A.T. S2

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#84 of 266 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by HenryDuBrow 

Sure is great news about those cop shows coming next year, especially Police Woman and SWAT! Currently enjoying the Police Story release very much, every cop show fan and every home cop or not should have it.

Of what I've seen of Police Story: Season One on DVD so far, pretty impressed.

And if Shout's second season set of The Rookies is anything like Sony's first season set, it will look very good. Have tested out some of the episodes on disc 1 of the Sony first season set, and the picture/print is pretty clear and clean.

TVShowsOnDVD news article about Here Comes the Brides, Police Woman, The Rookies and S.W.A.T., posted on their website last Friday:

Site News - Shout! Rep Says to Expect Season 2 Sets for Several Stalled Sony Shows - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

#85 of 266 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted October 17 2011 - 10:28 AM

When I saw the "Site News" item about stalled Sony shows, my first thought was that I hoped the list included "Here Come the Brides." I've been watching/recording the second season from Antenna TV too, but I'd always rather have a legit, commercially-produced disc set. Fantastic news that it's coming! Yay, Shout!

#86 of 266 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted October 18 2011 - 03:14 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Police Story the first Sony series that Shout actually started from the beginning with all of the others being continuations of abandoned shows? I would love for them to do a little more of that, especially with some of those great 60s sitcoms that Sony hasn't touched.

#87 of 266 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted October 18 2011 - 05:01 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Police Story the first Sony series that Shout actually started from the beginning with all of the others being continuations of abandoned shows? I would love for them to do a little more of that, especially with some of those great 60s sitcoms that Sony hasn't touched.

I think, at least, Dennis was started by Shout!

#88 of 266 OFFLINE   cliff mac

cliff mac

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted October 18 2011 - 07:47 AM

Incorrect.... We started DESIGINING WOMEN, PARKER LEWIS, DANA CARVEY SHOW, MY TWO DADS and MALCOLM & EDDIE... unfortunately only one of the shows continues to sell, so more seasons are coming on DW.... and DANA CARVEY was only one season.
";s:7:"insider

#89 of 266 OFFLINE   cliff mac

cliff mac

Stunt Coordinator

• 180 posts

Posted October 18 2011 - 07:48 AM

DENNIS THE MENACE did not come from Sony. It came to us from Hank's estate.
";s:7:"insider

#90 of 266 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 09:48 AM

TVShowsOnDVD news article about Police Woman: The Complete 2nd Season:

Police Woman: The Complete 2nd Season - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

and TVShowsOnDVD news article about Route 66:

Route 66 - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

Forthcoming Shout! Factory TV DVD sets (source: Amazon.com):

Hazel: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 21st February, 2012

Here Come the Brides: The Complete Second Season - Tuesday 28th February, 2012.

#91 of 266 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 09:58 AM

Nice. Never watched Police Woman when it was on but I did enjoy the first season set and am looking forward to the rest of the series (hopefully). So, now Shout is mining the Sony vaults, Timeless is cranking away with Universal, CBS is still plugging away their own stuff and Warner Archives is slowly putting out some titles. So, we are still getting our classic shows. From everyone, that is, except...FOX

#92 of 266 OFFLINE   MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,506 posts

Posted November 07 2011 - 10:11 AM

So, now Shout is mining the Sony vaults, Timeless is cranking away with Universal, CBS is still plugging away their own stuff and Warner Archives is slowly putting out some titles. So, we are still getting our classic shows. From everyone, that is, except...FOX

I want the rest of The Big Valley and The Fall Guy—even if it means half-season sets!

#93 of 266 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted November 07 2011 - 11:27 AM

I'm so excited over the POLICE WOMAN Season 2 Announcement over at TvshowsonDVD!

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#94 of 266 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hopefully, Shout! will get the rights of Sony´s "Hart to Hart-Season 3-5" as well. I´ve already own Season 1 of "Police Woman". Haven´t watched it yet because there´re so many series that I gotta watch. But I´ll purchase Season 2.......

#95 of 266 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 05:42 AM

Excellent news about Police Woman, I love these shows with a lead character going undercover as she would often do, always make for exciting storylines. Goes for other series with female stars too, like The Bionic Woman or Charlie's Angels, proved to be a very popular formula you can do just about anything with it.

#96 of 266 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 12:07 PM

Would like to suggest Whiz Kids for release by Shout! Factory. Any possible music clearance problems?

#97 of 266 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,285 posts

Posted November 08 2011 - 12:42 PM

I mentioned this on another Thread but how about some Aviation-Themed TV Series including: Blue Angels Chopper One Ripcord Spencer's Pilots Whirlybirds

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#98 of 266 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted November 09 2011 - 06:14 AM

I used to watch Spencer's Pilots all the time as a kid, would really love to see it again. A much remembered show with a likeable main cast.

#99 of 266 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 11 2011 - 08:27 AM

TVShowsOnDVD news article about Police Woman, including 3D front cover artwork for the second season (Region 1) set from Shout:

Police Woman: Season Two - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

#100 of 266 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted November 13 2011 - 04:26 AM

The artwork for Police Woman: Season Two is very much in keeping with that of Sony's first season set.

Am hoping that with this set being released in February, that The Rookies and S.W.A.T. follow on before mid-Spring. And also the second season of Police Story (depending on sales of the first season set).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shout Factory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users