Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

*** Official SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD Discussion Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,031 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 13 2010 - 11:14 AM

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" should be posted to the 
Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Phil Florian

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts

Posted August 14 2010 - 03:59 AM

I have to wonder if anyone else was in love with the soundtrack like I was?  I saw this in a preview performance a few weeks ago and was chomping at the bit to get the  red cover soundtrack (with the rock music from the film...the blue cover is the soundtrack score and incidental music, it seems).   I am deeply in love with the garage rock sound and to have a) a movie built around it and b) have a bunch of it done by Beck was just too cool.  The Sex Bob-omb stuff in particular was fantastic and I have burnt through it for the last few days.   I like the older song by T-Rex, too.  There was a lot of stuff new to me, too...Plumtree, Metric and a couple others I will want to know more about.  Classic acts like the Stones and Frank Black round out the score.  The 8-bit version of "Threshold" is now my awesome ringtone.

The movie is a love story first and foremost but the side-story of a wannabe rock band really rang true for me.  I never was in a band to my great sadness but back when I was young I sat in on rehearsals of friends who had bands and that feel of the grimy house or apartment stuffed with musical gear just felt right to me.

Anyway, check it out.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,887 posts

Posted August 24 2010 - 09:20 AM

This is pretty awesome:

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012