What's new

*** Official SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" should be posted to the [COLOR= rgb(68,112,140)]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I have to wonder if anyone else was in love with the soundtrack like I was? I saw this in a preview performance a few weeks ago and was chomping at the bit to get the red cover soundtrack (with the rock music from the film...the blue cover is the soundtrack score and incidental music, it seems). I am deeply in love with the garage rock sound and to have a) a movie built around it and b) have a bunch of it done by Beck was just too cool. The Sex Bob-omb stuff in particular was fantastic and I have burnt through it for the last few days. I like the older song by T-Rex, too. There was a lot of stuff new to me, too...Plumtree, Metric and a couple others I will want to know more about. Classic acts like the Stones and Frank Black round out the score. The 8-bit version of "Threshold" is now my awesome ringtone.

The movie is a love story first and foremost but the side-story of a wannabe rock band really rang true for me. I never was in a band to my great sadness but back when I was young I sat in on rehearsals of friends who had bands and that feel of the grimy house or apartment stuffed with musical gear just felt right to me.

Anyway, check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks