Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Freaks and Geeks is on IFC channel.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted July 05 2010 - 04:44 PM

I know most here like the show and just letting you guys know that Freeks and Geeks is being shown on IFC channel.  The 'Pilot' episode was on this weekend so you can set your DVRs if you guys want to watch it again. Looking back, there are a lot of actors on this show.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted July 05 2010 - 11:55 PM

One of the great gifts of reading member suggestions on HTF was finding Freaks and Geeks (1999).

The box set sits on a shelf in my theater room.

John Francis Daley (Sam Weir) now plays [Dr. Lance]"Sweets" on BONES, something I had not put together until scanning the (great) cast just now.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,601 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 02:37 AM

Do they do that bizarre fish nor fowl AR where the picture is distorted?  Because the did that with Arrested Development, and I find that unwatchable (it's even worse with AD since that show was shot in widescreen to begin with).  IFC HD has a lot of movies shown that way as well. Otherwise, I'm setting the DVR ASAP. And every time I watch Bones, seeing Sweets always makes me flash back to Freaks and Geeks (plus Carla Gallo was an alum of Judd Apatow's post-AD show, Undeclared).

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve Armbrust

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 03:02 AM

I did watch the pilot episode on IFC, and indeed they do use stretch-o-rama on the AR.  I didn't find it especially noxious, because it mostly affects the outside edges.  But its there.

Living in the Baseball Wasteland.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,601 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 05:11 AM

Is stretch-o-rama a studio thing or does IFC think that people want this?  I can understand why TNT would misguidedly claim that J6P wants this, but a channel like IFC, which is outside of the mainstream, has no excuse. Oh well, I still have the DVD's.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Producer

• 3,008 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo 

Is stretch-o-rama a studio thing or does IFC think that people want this?  I can understand why TNT would misguidedly claim that J6P wants this, but a channel like IFC, which is outside of the mainstream, has no excuse.

Oh well, I still have the DVD's.

So just out of curiosity, why would you set the DVR for this show if you have the DVDs?

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,601 posts

Posted July 06 2010 - 07:11 AM

Because I have IFC HD and I was hoping they'd broadcast it in a windowboxed HD resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users