What's new

Freaks and Geeks is on IFC channel. (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I know most here like the show and just letting you guys know that Freeks and Geeks is being shown on IFC channel. The 'Pilot' episode was on this weekend so you can set your DVRs if you guys want to watch it again.

Looking back, there are a lot of actors on this show.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
One of the great gifts of reading member suggestions on HTF was finding Freaks and Geeks (1999).

The box set sits on a shelf in my theater room.

John Francis Daley (Sam Weir) now plays [Dr. Lance]"Sweets" on BONES, something I had not put together until scanning the (great) cast just now.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Do they do that bizarre fish nor fowl AR where the picture is distorted? Because the did that with Arrested Development, and I find that unwatchable (it's even worse with AD since that show was shot in widescreen to begin with). IFC HD has a lot of movies shown that way as well.

Otherwise, I'm setting the DVR ASAP.

And every time I watch Bones, seeing Sweets always makes me flash back to Freaks and Geeks (plus Carla Gallo was an alum of Judd Apatow's post-AD show, Undeclared).

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I did watch the pilot episode on IFC, and indeed they do use stretch-o-rama on the AR. I didn't find it especially noxious, because it mostly affects the outside edges. But its there.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Is stretch-o-rama a studio thing or does IFC think that people want this? I can understand why TNT would misguidedly claim that J6P wants this, but a channel like IFC, which is outside of the mainstream, has no excuse.

Oh well, I still have the DVD's.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Is stretch-o-rama a studio thing or does IFC think that people want this? I can understand why TNT would misguidedly claim that J6P wants this, but a channel like IFC, which is outside of the mainstream, has no excuse.

Oh well, I still have the DVD's.

So just out of curiosity, why would you set the DVR for this show if you have the DVDs?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Because I have IFC HD and I was hoping they'd broadcast it in a windowboxed HD resolution.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was watching the F&G Blu-ray set that I got for Christmas and I was looking up some of the guest actors to see if they were still working and I saw that Campbell had died but since I didn't see it confirmed anywhere else, I was hoping it was an error or sick joke on Google.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks